1. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
4. Remove by erasing or crossing out.
11. One of the common people.
15. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
16. Characterized by a buoyant rhythm.
17. Showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair.
18. A person who acts as host at formal occasions (makes an introductory speech and introduces other speakers).
20. A theatrical performer.
21. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
22. Of or relating to myalgia.
24. Rich in significance or implication.
26. Hurt or upset.
28. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
29. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
31. Any of numerous showy orchids of the genus Vanda having many large flowers in loose racemes.
32. Disclosing information or giving evidence about another.
36. Acute abdominal pain (especially in infants).
38. A quantity of no importance.
41. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
42. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
46. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
47. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
49. An early type of mandolin.
52. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
54. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
55. Webbing clothes moths.
58. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
59. Half the width of an em.
60. A disease of cattle and sheep attributed to a dietary deficiency.
62. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
67. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
70. An angry disturbance.
72. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
74. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
75. A card game in which each player is dealt 6 cards and discards one or two to make up the crib.
78. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
79. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
80. (prosody) Of or consisting of dactyls.
81. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
1. A composition written in metrical feet forming rhythmical lines.
2. An organization of military land forces.
3. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
4. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
5. Being one more than ten.
6. Situated in a particular spot or position.
7. Greenwich Mean Time updated with leap seconds.
8. A luminance unit equal to 1 candle per square meter measured perpendicular to the rays from the source.
9. A legendary creature resembling a tiny old man.
10. Small Old and New World herons.
11. Utter speech sounds.
12. (Norse mythology) Trickster.
13. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
14. (informal) Exceptionally good.
19. A tricyclic antidepressant drug (trade name Elavil) with serious side effects.
23. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
25. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
27. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
30. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
33. A picturesque mountainous province of western Austria.
34. 1 species.
35. The act of escaping physically.
37. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
43. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
44. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
45. Something (often something deceptively attractive) that catches you unawares.
48. An unstable meson produced as the result of a high-energy particle collision.
50. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
51. Covered with or as if with clothes or a wrap or cloak.
53. In such a manner as could not be otherwise.
56. Covered with scabs.
57. A plumbing fixture (usually attached to the wall) used by men to urinate.
61. (formerly) A writing tablet made of slate.
63. The head of a branch of an organized crime syndicate.
64. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
65. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
66. The state of owing money.
68. Type genus of the Anatidae.
69. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
71. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
73. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
76. Being nine more than ninety.
77. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.