1. A secret agent hired by a state to obtain (military) information about its enemies or by a business to obtain industrial secrets from competitors.
4. Made clean.
12. A local and habitual twitching especially in the face.
15. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
16. Eastern subspecies of northern oriole.
17. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
18. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
20. Resident of a college town not affiliated with the college.
22. Someone who attacks.
24. An inhabitant of ancient Thebes.
26. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
28. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
30. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
31. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
34. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
35. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
38. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
40. The eleventh month of the civil year.
42. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
43. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
44. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
49. A sizeable hole (usually in the ground).
50. Slightly dark.
52. Excessive desire to eat.
55. An alloy of iron with small amounts of carbon.
56. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
57. (music) Characterized by avoidance of traditional Western tonality.
58. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
63. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
65. A telegram sent abroad.
69. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
72. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
74. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
75. The fatty flesh of eel.
76. A brimless Scottish cap with a flat top.
78. Being two more than fifty.
79. An informal term for a father.
80. A great raja.
81. Water frozen in the solid state.
1. Rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust.
2. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
3. A resort city in southern Ukraine on the Black Sea.
4. Grayish baboon of southern and eastern Africa.
5. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
6. A genus of evergreen shrub that grows in New Zealand.
7. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
8. The compass point that is one point west of due north.
9. Estrangement from god.
10. Abnormal redness of the skin resulting from dilation of blood vessels (as in sunburn or inflammation).
11. A doctor's degree in religion.
12. 100 thebe equal 1 pula.
13. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
14. Conduct or direct the steering of a ship or plane.
19. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
21. Not often.
23. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
25. A tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle.
27. Silver-coated candy bead for decorating cakes.
29. A warning against certain acts.
32. Having short a smooth or spirally ridged shell with thick usually toothed outer lip and toothed operculum.
33. A metrical unit with stressed-unstressed-unstressed syllables.
36. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
37. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
39. The fur of a rabbit.
41. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
45. An estate held in fee simple or for life.
46. A quantity sufficient to satisfy.
47. Weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat.
48. Moths whose larvae are cutworms.
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
53. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
54. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
59. Protective covering made of metal and used in combat.
60. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
62. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
64. Leafless East Indian vine.
66. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
67. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
68. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
70. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
71. The cry made by sheep.
73. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
77. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.