1. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
5. A metal urn with a spigot at the base.
12. (informal) Of the highest quality.
15. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
16. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
17. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
18. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
19. A man who is the senior member of a group.
20. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
22. A rug made of a coarse fabric having a cotton warp and a wool filling.
25. Of or on or relating to the seashore.
26. A licensed medical practitioner.
28. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
29. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.
31. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
32. Lack of strength or vigor esp from illness.
36. The federal department that administers federal program dealing with better housing and urban renewal.
38. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
40. A mineral consisting of magnesium iron silicate.
41. Fit or ready for use or service.
44. A tortilla chip topped with cheese and chili-pepper and broiled.
45. So scary as to cause chills and shudders.
46. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
49. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
50. Stems of beans and peas and potatoes and grasses collectively as used for thatching and bedding.
51. Building material used as siding or roofing.
54. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
57. The sixth month of the civil year.
58. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
59. A port city in southwestern Iran.
62. Avatar of Vishnu.
64. A genus of the cactus family with scarlet flowers.
67. Daughter of Nehru who served as Prime Minister of India from 1966 to 1977 (1917-1984).
71. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
72. The basic unit of money in Saudi Arabia.
75. In bed.
76. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
77. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
80. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
81. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
82. Herbs of Mediterranean to central Asia cultivated for their flowers.
83. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
1. An unofficial association of people or groups.
2. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
3. (Greek mythology) A giant with 100 eyes.
4. The vertical dimension of extension.
5. Of or relating to the stars or constellations.
6. An obsolete name for nitrogen.
7. The month following April and preceding June.
8. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
9. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
10. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
11. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a relatively small set of computer instructions that it can perform.
12. Associated with academia or an academy.
13. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
14. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
21. Any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch.
23. A farewell remark.
24. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
27. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
30. A small constellation in the polar region of the southern hemisphere near the Southern Cross and Chamaeleon.
33. (Babylonian) A goddess of the watery deep and daughter of Ea.
34. Draw in by breathing.
35. Ancient name for the coastal region of northwestern Asia Minor (including Lesbos).
37. Made of fir or pine.
39. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
42. A large fleet.
43. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
47. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
48. Living quarters reserved for wives and concubines and female relatives in a Muslim household.
52. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
53. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
55. Polish labor leader and statesman (born in 1943).
56. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
60. A committee having supervisory powers.
61. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
63. Informal terms for a mother.
65. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
66. Someone whose job is to dye cloth.
68. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
69. Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology.
70. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
73. A strong emotion.
74. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
78. After noon.
79. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.