1. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
4. Of or relating to or caused by magnetism.
12. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
15. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
16. The quality of being alien.
17. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
18. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
19. A motley assortment of things.
20. Someone who drives racing cars at high speeds.
22. An informal conversation.
24. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
25. Deduce (a principle) or construe (a meaning).
26. A small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint.
28. Someone who pays rent to use land or a building or a car that is owned by someone else.
30. Avatar of Vishnu.
31. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
34. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
40. Being two more than ninety.
42. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
44. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
46. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
47. A dissolute man in fashionable society.
48. The 11th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
50. A person forced to flee from home or country.
52. Soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog v 1.
53. The second month of the Hindu calendar.
55. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
56. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
57. Capital of modern Macedonia.
60. Used of men.
62. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
63. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
66. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
68. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
72. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
74. An affirmative.
75. Jewish republic in southwestern Asia at eastern end of Mediterranean.
76. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
77. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
80. A city in northern India.
81. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
82. The basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the System International d'Unites.
83. A city of central China.
1. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
2. Someone who has committed (or been legally convicted of) a crime.
3. Having a horizontal surface in which no part is higher or lower than another.
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
5. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
6. Long and light rowing boat.
7. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
8. Order by virtue of superior authority.
9. Bearing or marked with a label or tag.
10. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
11. Made of grain or relating to grain or the plants that produce it.
12. Not trimmed.
13. One thousandth of a second.
14. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
21. Of or pertaining to adnexa.
23. Wild and menacing.
27. A flourish added after or under your signature (originally to protect against forgery).
29. Tag the base runner to get him out.
32. United States poet and critic (1916-1986).
33. English translator and Protestant martyr.
35. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
36. Tent that is an Eskimo summer dwelling.
38. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
39. A white trivalent metallic element.
41. A series of things depending on each other as if linked together.
43. Jordan's port.
45. A proposal for an appropriate course of action.
49. A state in northwestern North America.
51. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
54. Wood of a sumac.
58. A true bug.
59. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
61. Austrian composer who influenced the classical form of the symphony (1732-1809).
64. Any competition.
65. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
67. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
69. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
70. A three-tone Chadic language.
71. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
73. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
78. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
79. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.