1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. Medium tall celery pine of New Zealand.
12. The unit of frequency.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
17. An awkward stupid person.
18. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
19. East Indian annual erect herb.
20. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
22. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
24. Thin fibrous bark of the paper mulberry and Pipturus albidus.
26. Genus of Eurasian spiny shrubs.
27. (Mexican) Ground beef and chili peppers or chili powder often with tomatoes and kidney beans.
31. Not one of the first three in a race or competition.
34. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
38. Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things.
40. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
41. Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange.
45. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
46. A rapid bustling commotion.
47. United States playwright (1906-1963).
52. The goddess of the moon.
54. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
55. Ions are accelerated along a linear path by voltage differences on electrodes along the path.
56. An oil port in southern Iraq.
58. A specialist assigned to the staff of a diplomatic mission.
59. A rotary duplicator that uses a stencil through which ink is pressed (trade mark Roneo).
62. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
63. A drop from an eye dropper.
68. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
71. (Norse mythology) God of war and strife and son of Odin.
72. Fungi with yellowish gelatinous sporophores having convolutions resembling those of the brain.
75. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
76. A small piece of cloth.
77. A pungent colorless unsaturated liquid aldehyde made from propene.
78. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
79. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
80. Oceanic sharks.
81. Noisy talk.
1. Divulge information or secrets.
2. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
5. Relating to or containing acetic acid.
6. Speak in a nasal voice.
7. Any of numerous venomous fanged snakes of warmer parts of both hemispheres.
8. God of love and erotic desire.
9. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
10. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
13. Sheet glass cut in shapes for windows or doors.
14. The second largest city in Tunisia.
21. Port city in the United Arab Emirates on the Persian Gulf.
23. Enthusiastic approval.
25. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
28. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. Smaller of two tall fast-running flightless birds similar to ostriches but three-toed.
33. (microbiology) An infectious protein particle similar to a virus but lacking nucleic acid.
35. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
36. Formerly a contemptuous term of address to an inferior man or boy.
37. (commerce) The period of time permitted by commercial usage for the payment of a bill of exchange (especially a foreign bill of exchange).
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. The act of flipping a coin.
43. The sixth month of the civil year.
44. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. Bound by chains fastened around the ankles.
49. Of or being the lowest female voice.
50. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
51. The branch of medicine concerned with the study and treatment of tumors.
53. In bed.
57. Of or relating to the aorta.
60. The eighth month of the civil year.
61. Become one.
64. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
65. A city in the European part of Russia.
66. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
67. Sustentacular tissue that surrounds and supports neurons in the central nervous system.
69. Humble request for help.
70. A branch of the Tai languages.
73. The second day of the week.
74. Used of a single unit or thing.