1. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
4. An elementary particle responsible for the forces in the atomic nucleus.
12. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
15. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
16. A state in south central United States.
17. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
18. A unit of pressure.
19. Someone who (fraudulently) assumes the appearance of another.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. A heavy gray-white metallic element.
23. (Akkadian) Mother of the gods and consort of Apsu.
25. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
28. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
31. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
35. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
40. A person whose head is bald.
42. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
43. A quantity of no importance.
45. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
46. The basic unit of money in Panama.
49. Having been read.
51. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
52. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
54. A shop where a variety of goods are sold.
56. Lower in esteem.
59. The cry made by sheep.
61. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
62. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
64. Having hills and crags.
69. A series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished.
72. Type genus of the Ranidae.
73. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
76. Very dark black.
77. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
78. South American palm yielding a wax similar to carnauba wax.
79. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
1. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
2. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
3. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
4. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
5. Swedish oceanographer who recognized the role of the Coriolis effect on ocean currents (1874-1954).
6. Any thick messy substance.
7. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
8. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
9. Decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor.
10. A group of related languages spoken in a valley of southern Ethiopia.
11. Any of the openings to the nasal cavities that allow air to flow through the cavities to the pharynx.
12. A painful emotion resulting from an awareness of inadequacy or guilt.
13. A small cake leavened with yeast.
14. English poet who introduced the sonnet form to English literature (1503-1542).
22. Intentional deception resulting in injury to another person.
24. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
26. To fix or set securely or deeply.
27. A human limb.
29. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
30. Small evergreen shrub of Pacific coast of North America having edible dark purple grape-size berries.
32. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
33. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
34. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
36. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
37. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
38. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
39. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
41. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
44. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
47. A bowl-shaped vessel.
48. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
50. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
53. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
55. The capital of Croatia.
57. Be in contradiction with.
58. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
60. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
63. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
65. Avatar of Vishnu.
66. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
67. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
68. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
70. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
71. A large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet.
74. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
75. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.