1. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
4. (Japan) Ritual suicide by self-disembowelment on a sword.
12. A vehicle carrying many passengers.
15. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
16. Perennial herbs with small pink or white flowers.
17. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
18. (informal) Exceptionally good.
20. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
21. In a resolute manner.
23. Sew up the eyelids of hawks and falcons.
24. Protective outer layer of seeds of flowering plants.
26. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
27. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
30. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
31. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
32. Relating to or characteristic of a tribe.
35. (Greek mythology) A maiden who was first a sculpture created by Pygmalion and was brought to life by Aphrodite in answer to Pygmalion's prayers.
37. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
38. In bed.
40. A member of the North American Indian people of Arizona and adjacent Mexico and California.
43. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
44. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
45. Any of various widely distributed beetles.
48. Bound or secured closely.
50. The act of pursuing.
52. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
53. 100 sene equal 1 tala.
54. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
55. (Babylonian) The sky god.
57. A public promotion of some product or service.
58. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
59. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
61. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
65. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
66. Not out.
69. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
72. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.
73. A person who gives a name or names.
75. The sixth month of the civil year.
76. Especially a leaf of grass or the broad portion of a leaf as distinct from the petiole.
79. Related on the mother's side.
80. A deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks.
81. An atom or molecule or radical or ion that forms a complex around a central atom.
83. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
84. Humble request for help.
85. (of the more skilled contestants) Selectively arranged in the draw for position a tournament so that they meet each other in later rounds.
86. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
1. A large number or amount.
2. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
3. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
4. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
5. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
6. Arising from or going to the root.
7. An area of ground used for some particular purpose (such as building or farming).
8. A state in east central United States.
9. Set up for use.
10. The large yellow root of a rutabaga plant used as food.
11. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. Not set afire or burning.
14. A particular kind (as to appearance).
19. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
22. (music) Characterized by avoidance of traditional Western tonality.
25. Spectacles that are darkened or polarized to protect the eyes from the glare of the sun.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. Turn pale, as if in fear.
33. An acute viral disease of the nervous system of warm-blooded animals (usually transmitted by the bite of a rabid animal).
34. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
36. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
39. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
41. Tropical Asian starlings.
42. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
46. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
47. Of or relating to or resembling a bull n.
49. 1 species.
51. The strength of a electrical current measured in amperes.
56. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
60. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
62. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
63. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
64. A group of biological taxa or species that share features inherited from a common ancestor.
67. The basic unit of length adopted under the System International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards).
68. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
70. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
71. A bachelor's degree in library science.
74. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
77. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
78. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
82. A doctor's degree in religion.