1. Greenwich Mean Time updated with leap seconds.
4. A chord whose notes are played in rapid succession rather than simultaneously.
12. A decree that prohibits something.
15. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
16. Increased secretion of urine.
17. One or some or every or all without specification.
18. An official at a baseball game.
19. A manner of performance.
20. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
22. Bohemian physiologist remembered for his discovery of Purkinje cells and the Purkinje network (1787-1869).
25. A short aria.
28. God of love and erotic desire.
29. The levorotatory form of dopa (trade names Bendopa and Brocadopa and Larodopa).
31. Wool of the alpaca.
36. Ribbon-like flatworms that are parasitic in the intestines of humans and other vertebrates.
40. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
42. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
43. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
45. An enclosed space.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. Of the same kind.
51. Having gaps or spaces.
53. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
54. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
57. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
58. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
60. Fruit with red or yellow or green skin and sweet to tart crisp whitish flesh.
62. Of or relating to or characteristic of Afghanistan or its people.
65. To say or state again.
69. The cry made by sheep.
70. A record in which commercial accounts are recorded.
73. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
74. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
75. The act of fixing firmly in place.
77. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
78. A young woman making her debut into society.
79. A protective cloth covering for an injured eye.
80. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
1. Type genus of the Upupidae.
2. Mongolian ruler of Samarkand who led his nomadic hordes to conquer an area from Turkey to Mongolia (1336-1405).
3. An island (part of Campania) in the Bay of Naples in southern Italy.
4. Declare or acknowledge to be true.
5. Showing or feeling mirth or pleasure or happiness.
6. A historical region on northwestern India and northern Pakistan.
7. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
8. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
9. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
10. Being one more than one.
11. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
12. English monk and scholar (672-735).
13. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
14. City in Sudan.
21. Japanese mathematical physicist who proposed that nuclear forces are mediated by massive particles called mesons which are analogous to the photon in mediating electromagnetic forces (1907-1981).
23. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
24. The yield from plants in a single growing season.
26. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
27. American Revolutionary patriot.
30. Type genus of the Percidae.
32. (Greek mythology) King of Thebes who was unwittingly killed by his son Oedipus.
33. A member of the Siouan people of the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
34. A telephone connection.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
38. Used by northerners of Confederate soldiers.
39. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
41. Step on it.
44. Bubble shells.
46. Having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude.
49. (poetic) Tranquil silence.
50. Vacuously or complacently and unconsciously foolish.
52. A broken piece of a brittle artifact.
55. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
56. The vital principle or animating force within living things.
59. Colony of the United Kingdom located on a limestone promontory at the southern tip of Spain.
61. English film actress (1913-1967).
63. An agenda of things to do.
64. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
66. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
67. Flat and uninspiring.
68. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
71. Former measure of the US economy.
72. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
76. A state in southeastern United States.