1. Wild and domestic cattle.
4. A broadcast of news.
12. An accountant certified by the state.
15. Any high mountain.
16. Herbs of Mediterranean to central Asia cultivated for their flowers.
17. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
18. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
19. (Greek mythology) A wicked king and son of Zeus.
20. Water frozen in the solid state.
21. A member of a Caddo people formerly living in north central Texas.
23. The upper end of a bitt.
25. An associate degree in nursing.
26. A republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula.
29. A package of several things tied together for carrying or storing.
31. German mystic and theosophist who founded modern theosophy.
35. A flattened stem resembling and functioning as a leaf.
39. A bridge partner who increases the partner's bid.
42. An electrically charged particle.
43. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
44. Pearl oysters.
46. Run or move very quickly or hastily.
48. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
50. A woman religious.
51. Make a vibrant noise, of grasshoppers or cicadas.
52. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
55. Organized persecution of an ethnic group (especially Jews).
57. Large herbivorous tropical American arboreal lizards with a spiny crest along the back.
59. (Babylonian) Father of the gods.
62. Disparaging terms for the common people.
63. Elder brother of Krishna.
65. A large metal or pottery vessel with a handle and spout.
69. A primeval personification of air and breath.
70. The capital and largest city of Equatorial Guinea on the island of Bioko in the Gulf of Guinea.
73. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
74. Someone who wastes time.
75. Existing or belonging to a time before a war.
76. A notable achievement.
77. Having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly.
78. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
79. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
2. A naturally occuring glyceride of oleic acid that is found in fats and oils.
3. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
4. Relating to or accompanying birth.
5. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
6. The compass point that is one point north of due west.
7. (usually followed by `to' or `for') On the point of or strongly disposed.
8. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
9. Discrimination in favor of the able-bodied.
10. In or characteristic of a region of the United States south of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line.
11. The sensation that results when taste buds in the tongue and throat convey information about the chemical composition of a soluble stimulus.
12. Most important element.
13. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
14. Advanced in years.
22. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
24. An established custom.
27. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
28. Conforming to truth.
30. The capital city of Vietnam.
32. Bleeding into the interior chamber of the eye.
33. A member of the a nomadic tribe of Arabs.
34. Wild geese.
36. A long narrow inlet of the sea in Scotland (especially when it is nearly landlocked).
37. Roar louder than.
38. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
40. (informal) Of the highest quality.
41. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
45. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
47. Deprived of parents by death or desertion.
49. Widely distributed genus of herbs or shrubs with glandular compound leaves and spicate or racemose purple or white flowers.
53. United States writer (born in England) who wrote on American culture (1917-1996).
54. A state of Uganda and site of a former Bantu kingdom.
56. The father of your father or mother.
58. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
60. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
61. An elevated geological formation.
64. Female equine animal.
66. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
67. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
68. A quantity of no importance.
71. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
72. The cry made by sheep.