1. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
4. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
12. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
15. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
16. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
17. French marshal in the Napoleonic Wars (1769-1815).
18. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
20. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
22. The process of gradually becoming inferior.
24. Capital and largest city of the Czech Republic.
26. Divisible by two.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
28. 100 sene equal 1 tala.
30. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
33. Any of several East Indian birds.
35. The cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100.
37. A young unmarried woman.
41. Beyond or deviating from the usual or expected.
42. Any of the threadlike filaments forming the mycelium of a fungus.
45. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
46. A university town in east central Illinois adjoining Champaign.
49. Any plant of the genus Hoya having fleshy leaves and usually nectariferous flowers.
51. Usually large hard-shelled seed.
52. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
53. A Russian river.
55. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
58. The habitation of wild animals.
59. (chemistry) Relating to or containing the azido group N3.
62. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
64. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
66. Any of various common orange trees yielding sour or bitter fruit.
71. A bluish shade of green.
72. A light touch or stroke.
75. Common jay of eastern North America.
76. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
79. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
80. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
81. Evergreen mat-forming shrub of North America and northern Eurasia having small white flowers and red berries.
82. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
1. A compact mass.
2. An expression of open-mouthed astonishment.
3. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
4. The 17th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
5. A unit of pressure.
6. An epic poem adapted for recitation.
7. (comparative of `near') Being the one of two that is less distant in space.
8. Without qualification.
9. That is to say.
10. A small cake leavened with yeast.
11. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
12. A statistical method for making simultaneous comparisons between two or more means.
13. The brightest star in Cygnus.
14. A major victory by the Romans over the Macedonians in 168 BC.
19. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
21. Anise- and licorice-flavored liqueur.
23. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
25. The period of greatest prosperity or productivity.
29. Fallow deer.
31. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
32. A young woman indulged by rich and powerful older men.
34. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
36. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
39. (Babylonian) Any of a group of powerful earth spirits or genii.
40. Coming at a subsequent time or stage.
43. Type genus of the Phocidae.
44. Rub elbows with.
47. A port city in southwestern Iran.
48. A wealthy man (who made his fortune in the Orient).
50. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
54. A promotional statement (as found on the dust jackets of books).
56. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
57. A Hebrew prophet in the Old Testament who opposed the worship of idols.
60. The 7th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
61. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
63. A small canoe consisting of a light frame made watertight with animal skins.
65. The sixth month of the civil year.
67. Offering fun and gaiety.
68. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
69. A small quantity of liquid.
70. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
73. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
74. The cry made by sheep.
77. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
78. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).