1. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
4. Deep-bodied percoid fishes of the open seas.
12. A tight-fitting headdress.
15. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
16. A sudden uncontrollable attack.
17. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
18. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
19. Type genus of the Sialidae.
20. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
22. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
24. An inhabitant of Lappland.
26. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
27. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
29. A small Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and Tibet.
30. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
32. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
36. Swedish theologian (1688-1772).
39. Being one more than one.
40. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
42. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
43. A state in New England.
44. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
46. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
47. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
50. United States painter born in Germany.
52. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
53. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
54. A particular environment or surrounding influence.
56. A tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown.
58. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
61. Of time long past.
62. Any taillike structure.
64. Being five more than one hundred.
66. A preparation used in cleaning something.
69. In an unnatural eery manner.
74. A victory cheer.
75. Feeling or showing anger.
78. The cry made by sheep.
79. Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange.
80. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
82. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
83. Serving as or forming a base.
84. Growth from increase in cell size without cell division.
85. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
1. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
4. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
5. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. The girl friend of a gangster.
8. A monocotyledonous genus of the family Iridaceae.
9. Not breathing or able to breathe except with difficulty.
10. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
11. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
12. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
13. In bed.
14. Especially one side of a leaf.
21. The skin that covers the top of the head.
23. Intrude in other people's affairs or business.
25. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
28. A small cake leavened with yeast.
31. A new embodiment of a familiar idea.
33. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
34. Not enough.
35. Norwegian explorer of the Arctic and director of the League of Nations relief program for refugees of World War I (1861-1930).
37. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
38. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
41. Make amendments to.
45. (Greek mythology) The Muse of history.
48. A woman's headscarf folded into a triangle and tied under the chine.
49. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
51. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
55. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
57. A card game for 2 players.
59. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
60. Type genus of the Carangidae.
63. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
65. Italian operatic composer (1813-1901).
67. The goddess of the moon.
68. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
70. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
71. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
72. A narrow way or road.
73. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
76. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
77. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
81. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.