1. An inhabitant of Lappland.
5. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
12. An accountant certified by the state.
15. Type genus of the family Unionidae.
16. Something (especially a game) that is played again.
17. A humming noise.
18. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
19. Small arboreal tropical American insectivorous lizards with the ability to change skin color.
20. Jordan's port.
22. A movable airfoil that is part of an aircraft wing.
24. (linguistics) The form of a word after all affixes are removed.
25. Any of the openings to the nasal cavities that allow air to flow through the cavities to the pharynx.
26. A bitter quarrel between two parties.
28. Not out.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
34. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
35. A Moslem republic in southern Asia.
38. In addition.
42. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
43. Noisy talk.
45. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
46. Young of domestic cattle.
48. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
50. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
51. Fungus used in the preparation of punk for fuses.
54. Resembling or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy.
56. The 12th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
58. The fifth day of the week.
59. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
65. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
69. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
70. The shorter of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
72. Tropical American feather palm having a swollen spiny trunk and edible nuts.
73. Injured by bites or stings.
76. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
77. The capital and largest city of Japan.
78. Flemish painter of landscapes (1525-1569).
79. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Sailing close to the wind v 1.
2. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
3. Rice cooked in well-seasoned broth with onions or celery and usually poultry or game or shellfish and sometimes tomatoes.
4. Ancient city southeast of Naples that was buried by a volcanic eruption from Vesuvius.
5. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
6. A transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images.
7. Any strong feeling.
8. Greek anatomist whose theories formed the basis of European medicine until the Renaissance (circa 130-200).
9. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
10. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
11. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
12. An African river that flows northwest into Lake Chad.
13. Relating or near the pubis.
14. Collect or gather.
21. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
23. Covered with or resembling small bubbles as from being agitated by beating or heating.
27. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
29. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
31. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
33. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
36. A member of a formerly tribal people now living in south central India.
37. An ancient port city in southwestern Spain.
39. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
40. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
41. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
44. Covered or protected with or as if with a case.
47. A city in south central California in the San Joaquin Valley.
49. Based on or told of in traditional stories.
52. The content of cognition.
53. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
55. The sacred city of Lamaism.
57. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
60. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
61. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
62. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
63. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
64. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
66. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
67. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
68. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
71. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
74. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
75. One thousand grams.