1. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
4. Largest city in Scotland.
11. Strike sharply.
15. The sign language used in the United States.
16. Surpass in speed.
17. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
18. A mountain peak in the Andes in Argentina (20,997 feet high).
20. United States writer noted for his stories about life during the California gold rush (1836-1902).
21. Make reference to.
22. Bushy plant of Old World salt marshes and sea beaches having prickly leaves.
25. Escape or flee.
27. Unequivocally detestable.
29. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
31. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
34. Repetition to gain special emphasis or extend meaning.
40. Uncastrated adult male sheep.
41. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
43. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
44. A large number or amount.
46. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
49. The wife of a duke or a woman holding ducal title in her own right.
51. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
52. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
53. Forbidden to profane use especially in South Pacific islands.
56. Used of mouth or eyes.
58. A member of the Himalayan people living in Nepal and Tibet who are famous for their skill as mountaineers.
62. (Babylonian) Father of the gods.
64. Of or relating to or supporting Islamism.
65. A slight wetness.
69. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
70. (Old Testament) The 2nd son of Jacob and one of the 12 patriarchs of Israel.
73. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
74. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
75. Subject to change or variation especially in behavior.
77. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
78. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
79. A great raja.
80. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
1. A discussion intended to produce an agreement.
2. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
3. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
4. Any thick messy substance.
5. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
6. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
7. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
8. United States film actress (born in Sweden) known for her reclusiveness (1905-1990).
9. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
10. (used informally) Very small.
11. Of or relating to the Quechua people or their language.
12. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
13. Showily imitative of art or artists.
14. Humble request for help.
19. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
23. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
24. A member of an aboriginal people living in the hills in southeastern India.
26. Give pleasure to.
28. Being one more than two.
30. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
32. With considerable certainty.
33. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
35. A very attractive or seductive looking woman.
36. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
37. Squash bugs.
38. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
39. Ratio of the adjacent to the opposite side.
42. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
45. Confused movement.
47. A unit of resistance equal to a billionth of an ohm.
48. A genus of Sterninae.
50. Enduring strength and energy.
54. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
55. A seducer who ruins a woman.
57. Tropical American shrub or small tree having huge deeply palmately cleft leaves and large oblong yellow fruit.
59. Characteristic of humanity.
60. A city in southern Finland.
61. Small genus of variable annual Eurasian vines.
63. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
66. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
67. The process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid).
68. An unforeseen obstacle.
71. A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that controls the degree of pigmentation in melanocytes.
72. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
76. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.