1. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
4. Small free-swimming tunicates.
12. The compass point that is one point west of due south.
15. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
16. Cosmopolitan genus of ferns.
17. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
18. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
20. A very light brown.
21. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
23. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
24. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
27. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
29. The 11th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
30. Impressive in appearance.
34. An Indian gum from the dhawa tree.
38. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
39. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
40. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
41. The month following September and preceding November.
44. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
45. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
46. Lean end of the neck.
49. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
50. Squash bugs.
52. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
54. Any cognitive content held as true.
56. Not subject to change or variation especially in behavior.
59. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
60. The capital and largest city of Zambia.
64. Large scissors with strong blades.
68. Characterized by malposition.
70. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
72. A loose cloak with a hood.
73. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
74. Teaching pupils individually (usually by a tutor hired privately).
77. (British) Your grandmother.
78. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
79. A Cox-2 inhibitor (trade name Celebrex) that relieves pain without harming the digestive tract.
80. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
2. Among the largest bony fish.
3. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
4. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
5. The state capital of South Australia.
6. Grains used as food either unpolished or more often polished.
7. A highly contagious viral disease characterized by fever and weakness and skin eruption with pustules that form scabs that slough off leaving scars.
8. (Babylonian) The sky god.
9. A New England state.
10. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. Any plant of the genus Amorpha having odd-pinnate leaves and purplish spicate flowers.
12. A carriage consisting of two wheels and calash top.
13. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
14. A blue dyestuff obtained from the woad plant.
19. (music) A short recitative that is melodic but is not an aria.
22. The world's largest desert (3,500,000 square miles) in North Africa.
25. A state in northwestern North America.
26. A motley assortment of things.
28. An associate degree in nursing.
31. Requiring secret or mysterious knowledge.
32. Moving or directed or tending in a backward direction or contrary to a previous direction.
33. Affected manners intended to impress others.
35. Infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches.
36. (music) Brought to correct pitch.
37. An iconic mental representation.
42. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
43. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
47. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
48. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
51. A mountain peak in the southern Sinai Peninsula (7,500 feet high).
53. A clear oily brown solution of cresols in soap.
55. Grass with wide flat leaves cultivated in Europe and America for permanent pasture and hay and for lawns.
57. Report or maintain.
58. (used technically of a device or process) Having two parts.
61. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
62. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
63. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
65. The emotion of hate.
66. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
67. A training program to prepare college students to be commissioned officers.
69. Slightly open.
71. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
75. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
76. 16 ounces.