1. The compass point midway between south and southwest.
4. A member of a North American Indian people of the Gila river valley in Arizona.
12. Immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit of.
15. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
16. Of or relating to the peoples who speak the language of the Arawak.
17. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
18. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
19. Inducing resonance.
20. An informal term for a father.
21. French novelist.
23. Impaired ability to express ideas verbally.
25. A card game for 2 players.
27. Of or relating to or characteristic of Yemen or its inhabitants.
28. The inner and thicker of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
31. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
33. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
34. In bed.
35. A deep bow.
38. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
42. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
44. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
45. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
47. A farewell remark.
49. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
50. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
51. Prolific Spanish playwright (1562-1635).
53. Half the width of an em.
56. A site where people on holiday can pitch a tent.
61. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
62. French poet and novelist and dramatist.
64. Cause to adhere.
67. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
71. Type genus of the Otariidae.
73. Squash bugs.
75. The cry made by sheep.
76. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
77. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
79. A container.
80. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
81. Dried bark of the cascara buckthorn used as a laxative.
82. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. Type genus of the Sulidae.
3. A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip).
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
5. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
6. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
7. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
8. The basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the System International d'Unites.
9. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
10. Large-flowered garden plant derived chiefly from the wild pansy of Europe and having velvety petals of various colors.
11. Deciduous horn of a member of the deer family.
12. A public official authorized to decide questions bought before a court of justice.
13. At full speed.
14. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
22. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
24. The ending of a series or sequence.
26. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
29. A large Yoruba city in southwestern Nigeria.
30. Of or relating to or characteristic of Benin or its people.
32. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
36. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
37. A woman of refinement.
39. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
40. Dormouse of southern Europe and northern Africa.
41. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
43. A volcano in south central Guatemala.
46. A state in New England.
48. Resembling the action of a machine.
52. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
54. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
55. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
57. An informal term for a father.
58. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
59. Being nine more than ninety.
60. A large number or amount.
63. A state in the western United States.
65. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
66. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
68. A French abbot.
69. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
70. Unpleasantly cool and humid.
72. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
74. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
78. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.