1. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
4. A large region between the Black and Caspian seas.
12. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
15. Automatic data processing by electronic means without the use of tabulating cards or punched tapes.
16. "an agrarian (or agricultural) society".
17. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
18. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
19. Used of decomposing oils or fats.
20. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
22. Having a face or facing especially of a specified kind or number.
24. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
26. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
27. (Japanese) Rice (with raw fish) wrapped in seaweed.
30. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
32. Extract of the heartwood of Acacia catechu used for dying and tanning and preserving fishnets and sails.
39. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
40. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
42. Climbing vine native to China.
43. The branch of mechanics concerned with forces in equilibrium.
44. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
46. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
47. Piece of solid food for dipping in a liquid.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. (Scotland) A landowner.
52. Inflexibly entrenched and unchangeable.
56. Constituting the full quantity or extent.
57. Cut or impressed into a surface.
59. Treat with excessive indulgence.
61. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
65. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
68. On or toward the lee.
70. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
73. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
75. A graphical record of electric currents associated with muscle contractions.
76. French inventor of the first practical photographic process, the daguerreotype (1789-1851).
79. In or of the month preceding the present one.
80. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
81. A motley assortment of things.
82. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
1. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
2. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. Italian poet considered the national poet of modern Italy (1835-1907).
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. A large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet.
7. A mountain in the Andes in Argentina (22,047 feet high).
8. An elaborate song for solo voice.
9. Located on a side.
10. A state in midwestern United States.
11. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
12. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
13. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
14. An informal term for a father.
21. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
23. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
25. A master's degree in business.
28. Bound by chains fastened around the ankles.
29. Small genus of erect balsam-scented herbs.
31. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
33. Acknowledge a new land owner as one's landlord, of tenants.
34. Pot for brewing tea.
35. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
36. Incapable of or resistant to bending.
37. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
38. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults.
41. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
49. Aromatic gum resin.
51. Relating to the Andes and their inhabitants.
53. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
54. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
55. A bachelor's degree in theology.
58. A native American tent.
60. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
62. Type genus of the Ariidae.
63. A plain plinth that supports a wall.
64. Related on the mother's side.
66. Avatar of Vishnu.
67. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
69. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
71. A rapid bustling commotion.
72. An informal term for a father.
74. The products of human creativity.
77. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
78. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.