1. An associate degree in applied science.
4. Of or having to do with or belonging to an abbey or abbot, or abbess.
12. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
15. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
16. A university in Paris.
17. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
18. Black tropical American cuckoo.
19. A man's courting of a woman.
20. The basic unit of money in Yemen.
21. A genus of Ploceidae.
23. A desert in southern Israel.
25. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
26. At full speed.
27. The wife or widow of a czar.
30. A cloth used as a head covering (and veil and shawl) by Muslim and Hindu women.
33. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
40. A state in New England.
41. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
42. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
44. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
45. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
47. A person who makes use of a thing.
49. Music composed for dancing the conga.
51. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
53. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
54. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
56. Dry brandy distilled in the Armagnac district of France.
59. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
61. Type genus of the Anatidae.
62. A broad band that passes over the back of a horse and supports the shafts of a vehicle.
66. British slang.
69. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
70. The capital of Turkey.
73. Having the head uncovered.
74. (Irish) The sea personified.
75. An outline or synopsis of a play.
77. A strong emotion.
78. A doctor's degree in education.
79. In a sedate manner.
80. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
1. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
2. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
3. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
4. An ancient city on the Nile in Egypt.
5. A cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt.
6. English novelist.
7. True firs.
8. Of or relating to the island monarchy of Tonga or its people.
9. A member of western Finnish people formerly living in the Baltic province where Saint Petersburg was built.
10. An associate degree in nursing.
11. Having leadership guidance.
12. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
13. The sixth month of the civil year.
14. God of death.
22. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
24. The wool of the vicuna.
28. A doctor's degree in theology.
29. (Hinduism) An ascetic holy man.
31. Nicaraguan statesman (born in 1945).
32. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
34. Twining perennial North American plants.
35. Minute aquatic herbs floating on or below the water surface of still water consisting of a leaflike frond or plant body and single root.
36. A small cake leavened with yeast.
37. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
38. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
39. A kitchen utensil used for ricing soft foods by extruding them through small holes.
43. East Indian silk cotton tree yielding fibers inferior to kapok.
46. Not arranged in order hierarchically.
48. An ancient language of India (the language of the Vedas and of Hinduism).
50. Any thick messy substance.
52. (British) A peddler of sand at a seashore resort.
55. Standing posture.
57. Informal terms for a mother.
58. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
60. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
63. In bed.
64. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
65. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
67. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
68. A European river.
71. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
72. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
76. Being nine more than forty.