1. A form of rummy using two decks and four jokers.
5. Regional and archaic.
11. The sixth month of the civil year.
15. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
16. No longer active or practicing.
17. A floor covering.
18. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
19. True firs.
20. (psychoanalysis) An idealized image of someone (usually a parent) formed in childhood.
21. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
23. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
25. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
26. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
28. The state of being without clothing or covering of any kind.
30. The police sergeant on duty in a police station.
33. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
34. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
35. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
41. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
43. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
44. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
46. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
48. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
50. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
52. Attempting to get personal recognition for yourself (especially by unacceptable means).
53. (of molten metal or glass) Formed by pouring or pressing into a mold n 1.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
56. The deep vascular inner layer of the skin.
58. The Arab prophet who founded Islam (570-632).
60. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
62. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
63. Used as an Italian courtesy title.
67. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
71. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
72. Jam-spread sponge cake soaked in wine served with custard sauce.
75. Not in good physical or mental health.
76. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
78. Being two more than fifty.
79. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
80. (ophthalmology) Impaired eyesight resulting usually from irregular conformation of the cornea.
81. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
1. A youth subculture that began in London in the early 1960s.
2. English essayist (1775-1834).
3. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
4. Having a woven pattern.
5. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
6. Of or relating to Fabianism.
7. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
8. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
9. Recovery or preservation from loss or danger.
10. A doctor's degree in religion.
11. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
12. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
13. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
14. Apartment consisting of a series of connected rooms used as a living unit (as in a hotel).
22. Fallow deer.
24. A doctor's degree in optometry.
27. Any seed plant yielding balsam.
29. Any plant of the genus Erica.
31. Put into a rage.
32. Any member of a ship's crew.
36. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
37. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
38. An informal term for a father.
39. Thin and fit.
40. Having the head uncovered.
42. Alligator-like reptile of Central and South America having a more heavily armored belly.
45. Adopted in order to deceive.
47. The wife or widow of a czar.
49. An isogram connecting points having the same temperature at a given time.
51. Chipmunks of eastern North America.
54. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
57. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
59. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
61. An army unit usually consisting of two or more divisions.
64. An Eskimo hut.
65. A strong wind moving 45-90 knots.
66. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
68. A small island.
69. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
70. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
73. The sixth day of the week.
74. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. Being one more than one.