1. Strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants.
5. A four-wheeled wagon that runs on tracks in a mine.
12. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
15. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
16. Classification used for 5 species of terrestrial ferns usually placed in other genera.
17. A unit of pressure.
18. A fabric made from the fine threads produced by certain insect larvae.
19. Long-tailed arboreal mustelid of Central and South America.
20. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
22. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
24. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
25. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
26. A member of the Algonquian people formerly inhabiting the Maritime Provinces of Canada.
28. A Uralic language spoken by a Samoyed people of northern Siberia.
31. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
32. Regarded with aversion.
36. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
40. Any system of principles or beliefs.
41. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
43. Inquire about.
45. Being two more than fifty.
46. Close-fitting pants of heavy denim for casual wear (usually in the plural).
47. A narrow flattened pleat or fold that is stitched in place v 1.
50. A port in southwestern Scotland.
51. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
52. Good at incubating eggs especially a fowl kept for that purpose.
54. A small cake leavened with yeast.
56. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
59. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
60. A genus of Ploceidae.
62. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
64. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
67. Long coarse hair growing from the crest of the animal's neck.
69. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
73. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
77. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
78. A mixture of mashed malt grains and hot water.
79. Of or relating to anions.
80. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
81. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
82. Fixed or established especially by order or command.
83. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. Very close in friendship or affection.
2. (law) A defense by an accused person purporting to show that he or she could not have committed the crime in question.
3. Of superior grade.
4. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
5. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
6. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
7. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
8. Having the surface damaged or disfigured.
9. Having small chinks or crannies (especially in or between rocks or stones).
10. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
11. The airforce of Great Britain.
12. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
13. Of or relating to near the ear.
14. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
21. (Norse mythology) The chief race of gods living at Asgard.
23. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
27. A place where taxis park while awaiting customers.
29. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
30. Considerate and solicitous care.
33. Raised pinkish scar tissue at the site of an injury.
34. A city in northwestern Turkey.
35. Manner of acting or conducting yourself.
37. Goddess of love and fecundity.
39. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
42. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
44. A Loloish language.
48. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
49. Weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat.
53. (biochemistry) Purine base found in DNA and RNA.
55. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
57. A public promotion of some product or service.
58. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
61. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
63. A spirit believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals.
65. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
66. Flat tableland with steep edges.
68. Little known Kamarupan languages.
70. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
71. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
72. A city in northern India.
74. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
75. Used of a single unit or thing.
76. An honorary degree in science.