1. An internationally recognized distress signal in radio code.
4. Island country in the Atlantic east of Florida and Cuba.
11. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
15. A unit of pressure.
16. Medieval artillery used during sieges.
17. (informal terms) "gave me a cockamamie reason for not going".
18. An upright tripod for displaying something (usually an artist's canvas).
20. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
21. An Eskimo hut.
22. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
25. A desert in southwestern Africa - largely Botswana.
27. A town in northwestern Greenland.
29. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
30. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
33. The universal time coordinated time on board the spacecraft.
36. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
38. 16 ounces.
39. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
40. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
42. Slightly open.
45. Enthusiastic approval.
47. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
50. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
52. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
53. Used especially of mail.
54. A country on the island of Jamaica.
56. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
58. A sudden very loud noise.
59. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
62. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
64. The residue that remains when something is burned.
66. English courtier (a favorite of Elizabeth I) who tried to colonize Virginia.
68. A motorized wheeled vehicle used for camping or other recreational activities.
70. Jordan's port.
74. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
75. Large European marine food fish.
77. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
78. Come into the possession of something concrete or abstract.
79. Large arboreal boa of tropical South America.
81. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
82. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
83. A great raja.
84. A doctor's degree in education.
1. Express in speech.
2. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
3. A plant fiber used for making rope.
4. Any of various units of capacity.
5. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
6. An island comprising the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
7. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
8. Constituting a copy or imitation of something.
9. American novelist noted for children's books (1832-1888).
10. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
11. Far away from home or one's usual surroundings.
12. A comic verse of irregular measure.
13. French novelist and critic.
14. The twelfth month of the civil year.
19. Order by virtue of superior authority.
23. An association of criminals.
24. A ray of sunlight.
26. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
28. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
31. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
32. A short sleep (usually not in bed).
34. The head of a branch of an organized crime syndicate.
35. Opinion or judgment.
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
41. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
43. (Old Testament) The fourth son of Jacob who was forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
44. A Hindu prince or king in India.
46. A inexpensive showy collectibles.
48. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
49. Any plant of the genus Caragana having even-pinnate leaves and mostly yellow flowers followed by seeds in a linear pod.
51. God of death.
55. Being nine more than forty.
57. An overwhelming feeling of fear and anxiety.
60. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
61. Having winglike extensions.
63. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
65. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
67. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
69. A blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries toward the heart.
71. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
72. An unofficial association of people or groups.
73. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
76. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
80. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.