1. A form of address for a married woman.
4. Battle in which the ruler of Afghanistan defeated the Mahrattas in 1761.
11. Cry plaintively.
15. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
16. The act of storing something.
17. Not widely known.
18. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
19. A large fleet.
21. Genus of tall smooth herbs of forested mountains of Europe and Asia minor.
24. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
27. An associate degree in applied science.
28. A glass for beer.
31. Soft creamy white cheese.
33. A horse used to set the pace in racing.
36. Scandinavian punch made of claret and aquavit with spices and raisins and orange peel and sugar.
40. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
43. Being one more than one.
45. How long something has existed.
47. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
48. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
50. Any of various butterflies of the family Lycaenidae.
53. (combining form) Former.
54. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
56. A primitive wind instrument consisting of several parallel pipes bound together.
58. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
59. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
63. United States religious leader who was the first person born in the United States to be canonized (1774-1821).
67. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
68. A hostel for pilgrims in Turkey.
70. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
71. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
72. Type genus of the Solanaceae.
74. Tall woody perennial grasses with hollow slender stems especially of the genera Arundo and Phragmites.
75. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
76. A port city in southern Kenya on a coral island in a bay of the Indian Ocean.
77. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. One thousandth of a second.
2. Type genus of the Ranidae.
3. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
4. A collection of Psalms for liturgical use.
5. (anatomy) Of or relating to a cavity or chamber in the body (especially one of the upper chambers of the heart).
6. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
7. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
8. A genus of Ploceidae.
9. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
10. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
11. (informal) Exceptionally good.
12. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
13. A particular environment or walk of life.
14. (medicine) A grossly malformed and usually nonviable fetus.
20. Grandson of Amaterasu and first ruler of Japan.
22. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
26. A master's degree in business.
29. A soft yellow wax secreted by glands in the ear canal.
30. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
32. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
34. A group of African languages in the Niger-Congo group spoken from Senegal east as far as the Ivory Coast.
35. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
37. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
38. Tropical American tree bearing a small edible fruit with green leathery skin and sweet juicy translucent pulp.
39. At surface level.
41. (Scotland) A landowner.
42. The process of gradually becoming inferior.
44. A phrase or pronunciation that is peculiar to a particular locality.
46. In some classifications the type genus of the family Aegypiidae.
49. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
51. Squash bugs.
52. Jointed and nearly leafless desert shrub having reduced scalelike leaves and reddish fleshy seeds.
55. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
57. Of or relating to or containing barium.
60. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
61. Any of various aromatic resinous substances used for healing and soothing.
62. A Russian river.
64. A unit of weight used in east Asia approximately equal to 1.3 ounces.
65. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
66. A quantity of no importance.
69. The sound made by a cow or bull.
73. Informal terms for a mother.