1. The compass point that is one point north of due west.
4. To such an extent or degree.
12. An accountant certified by the state.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. Befitting or characteristic of a maiden.
17. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
18. A motley assortment of things.
20. (of pain or sorrow) Made easier to bear.
21. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
22. Basic principles of the cosmos.
23. Characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation.
25. A tranquilizer (trade name Mellaril) used to treat schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders.
28. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
31. A block of metal that is cast in a particular shape for convenient handling.
32. The state of being disregarded or forgotten.
36. Any of numerous showy orchids of the genus Vanda having many large flowers in loose racemes.
38. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
39. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
40. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
41. Assets in the form of money.
44. A genus of Accipitridae.
48. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
49. Being six more than fifty.
50. Religious zeal.
52. Before noon.
54. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
57. Famous chief of the Ottawa who led an unsuccessful rebellion against the British (1715-1769).
60. A Mid-Atlantic state.
61. A resource.
62. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
63. A neutral middle vowel.
68. Type genus of the Clupeidae.
70. First in order of importance.
73. Being here now.
74. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
76. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
78. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
79. A light touch or stroke.
1. A person who is under the protection or in the custody of another.
2. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
3. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
4. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
5. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
6. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
7. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
8. A baked loaf of ground meat.
9. Remove from political office.
10. Clear to the mind.
11. Submersed plant with whorled lanceolate leaves and solitary axillary flowers.
12. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
13. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
14. Any of the forms of Chinese spoken in Fukien province.
19. Food made from dough of flour or meal and usually raised with yeast or baking powder and then baked.
24. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
26. A town in north central Oklahoma.
27. Infectious disease caused by a species of chlamydia bacterium.
29. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
30. Formally making a person known to another or to the public.
33. Scottish physiologist who directed the research by F. G. Banting and C. H. Best that led to the discovery of insulin (1876-1935).
34. A document entitling a commissioned officer to hold a higher rank temporarily (but without higher pay).
35. (sports) Not offside.
37. To modify microorganisms by repeated culture in the developing chick embryo.
42. Complacently or inanely foolish.
43. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
45. Make a plat of.
46. A language spoken by the Atakapa people of the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
47. Minor or subordinate.
51. Possessing material wealth.
53. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
55. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
56. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
58. A viewer who gives a flirtatious or lewd look at another person.
59. An island republic on Nauru Island.
64. A large number or amount.
65. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
66. A small cake leavened with yeast.
67. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
69. United States architect (born in China in 1917).
71. A proportion multiplied by 100.
72. An informal term for a father.
75. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).