1. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
5. Large aquatic animal supposed to resemble a serpent or plesiosaur of Loch Ness in Scotland.
11. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
15. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
16. A new embodiment of a familiar idea.
17. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
18. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
19. A noisy riotous fight.
21. A shot or scene that is photographed again v 1.
23. A genus of Indriidae.
24. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
25. The largest Greek island in the Mediterranean.
26. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
27. State in northeastern India.
29. A public promotion of some product or service.
30. South American plant cultivated for its large fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers.
33. British writer of novels who was born in India.
37. A rich meat stew highly seasoned with paprika.
41. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
42. Out of bed.
44. Showily imitative of art or artists.
45. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
47. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
48. An Old World reptile family of Sauria.
49. Material consisting of seed coverings and small pieces of stem or leaves that have been separated from the seeds.
52. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
53. A small stalk bearing a single flower of an inflorescence.
57. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
59. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
60. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
62. The sixth month of the civil year.
66. Any of numerous plants of the orchid family usually having flowers of unusual shapes and beautiful colors.
70. A genus of Ploceidae.
72. (informal) "in the dumps".
74. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
75. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
76. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
79. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
80. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
81. Common genus of marine bubble shells of the Pacific coast of North America.
82. Either extremity of something that has length.
1. United States explorer who (with Meriwether Lewis) led an expedition from St. Louis to the mouth of the Columbia River.
2. 100 halers equal 1 koruna.
3. Italian violin maker in Cremona.
4. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
5. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
6. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
7. A deep bow.
8. Any plant of the genus Stevia or the closely related genus Piqueria having glutinous foliage and white or purplish flowers.
9. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
10. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
12. Reddish long-tailed monkey of west Africa.
13. A particular environment or walk of life.
14. A woman of refinement.
20. The sound made by a cat (or any sound resembling this).
22. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
28. East Indian tree yielding a resin used medicinally and burned as incense.
31. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
32. Sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Mohammed during his life at Mecca and Medina.
34. A state in the western United States.
35. Disposed of as useless.
36. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
38. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
39. Devoid of any qualifications or disguise or adornment.
40. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
43. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
46. Regional and archaic.
50. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
51. United States architect (born in 1925).
54. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
55. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
56. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
58. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
61. A cricket ball bowled as if to break one way that actually breaks in the opposite way.
63. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
64. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
65. A primeval personification of air and breath.
67. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
68. A visual representation of an object or scene or person produced on a surface.
69. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
71. The residue that remains when something is burned.
73. In favor of (an action or proposal etc.).
77. An informal term for a father.
78. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.