1. Used of a single unit or thing.
4. An aromatic gum resin obtained from various Arabian or East African trees.
12. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
15. Something that remunerates.
16. fix or adjust the time, amount, degree, or rate of.
17. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
18. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
19. In an avid manner.
20. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
22. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
24. Any thick messy substance.
26. A seat for one person, with a support for the back.
28. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
29. The twelfth sign of the zodiac.
32. A dog small and tame enough to be held in the lap.
36. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
37. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
41. An illicitly distilled (and usually inferior) alcoholic liquor.
42. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
44. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
46. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
47. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
48. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
49. An interpreter and guide in the Near East.
52. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
53. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
55. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
56. In operation or operational.
57. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
60. Like the pattern basic to the human fingerprint.
63. Being one more than ten.
67. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
69. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
72. A quantity of no importance.
73. Covered with paving material.
75. A sedimentary rock formed by the deposition of successive layers of clay.
77. Liveliness and energy.
78. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
79. Any object that radiates energy.
81. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
82. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
83. The value of a coordinate on the horizontal axis.
84. Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
3. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
4. Any of various herbaceous plants of the genus Atriplex that thrive in deserts and salt marshes.
5. The basic unit of money in Bulgaria.
6. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
7. Gnu goats.
8. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
9. A negative.
10. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
11. Any expected deliverer.
12. A legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge).
13. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
14. An informal term for a father.
21. (music) The speed at which a composition is to be played.
23. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
25. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
27. The sign language used in the United States.
30. Someone who cuts and delivers ice.
31. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
33. A religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without proof.
34. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
35. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
38. A genus of Mustelidae.
39. (combining form) Indicating radiation or radioactivity.
40. Australian clover fern.
43. A word or phrase spelled by rearranging the letters of another word or phrase.
45. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
50. A Gaelic-speaking Celt in Ireland or Scotland or the Isle of Man.
51. English psychologist who collaborated with I. A. Richards in designing Basic English (1889-1957).
54. Characteristic of the classical artistic and literary traditions.
58. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
59. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
61. A garment worn by women in ancient Greece.
62. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
64. Lacking taste or flavor or tang.
65. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
66. In small tight curls.
68. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
70. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
71. Informal terms for a meal.
74. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
76. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
80. An honorary degree in science.