1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. Large semi-evergreen tree of East India.
11. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
15. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
16. A B vitamin that prevents beriberi.
17. A fit of shivering.
18. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
19. German field marshal noted for brilliant generalship in North Africa during World War II (1891-1944).
20. Small cold-water silvery fish.
21. United States evangelical preacher famous as a mass evangelist (born in 1918).
23. Round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games.
25. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
26. Crustaceans characteristically having five pairs of locomotor appendages each joined to a segment of the thorax.
28. Of or relating to apnea.
30. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
32. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
34. Liver or meat or fowl finely minced or ground and variously seasoned.
36. How long something has existed.
37. Father of the storm gods Marut.
41. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
43. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
45. British dominion over India (1757-1947).
46. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
48. Of noxious stench from atmospheric pollution.
51. A card game in which each player is dealt 6 cards and discards one or two to make up the crib.
54. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
55. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
56. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
58. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
60. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
64. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
67. The body excluding the head and neck and limbs.
69. Advanced in years.
70. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
72. An epigrammatic Japanese verse form of three short lines.
73. A small cake leavened with yeast.
74. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
75. The cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge.
78. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
79. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
80. Goddess of fate.
81. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. (informal) Exceptionally good.
2. A set of two similar things considered as a unit.
3. A violin made by Antonio Stradivari or a member of his family.
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
5. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
6. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
7. Any of various fine-grained silty soils that become waxy and very sticky mud when saturated with water.
8. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
9. Structural member consisting of a continuous horizontal timber forming the lowest member of a framework or supporting structure.
10. An associate degree in nursing.
11. Small toothless anteater with prehensile tale and four-clawed forelimbs.
12. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
13. (prefix) Consisting of more than one.
14. An alien who paid a fee to reside in an ancient Greek city.
22. A populous province in northeastern China.
24. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
27. A prosthesis that replaces a missing leg.
29. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
31. A winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple.
33. A fraudulent business scheme.
35. A landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia north of Afghanistan.
38. Fallow deer.
39. A sudden short attack.
40. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
42. A small faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere.
47. Pertaining to or located on or near the seacoast.
49. Locked in by ice.
50. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
52. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
53. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
57. A fancy dock for small yachts and cabin cruisers.
59. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
61. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
62. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
63. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
65. A coniferous tree.
66. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
68. A natural protective covering of the body.
71. Being five more than one hundred fifty.
76. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
77. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.