1. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
5. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
12. The sign language used in the United States.
15. Having come or been brought to a conclusion.
16. Of or relating to Aram or to its inhabitants or their culture or their language.
17. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
18. A forbidding stronghold.
20. A blemish made by dirt.
21. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
22. A squeaking sound.
23. Short and fat.
25. (literary) Spirited horse for state or war.
26. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
27. A New England state.
31. A social club for male undergraduates.
35. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
37. A port city and resort in Andalusia in southern Spain on the Mediterranean.
41. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
43. Trace the shape of.
44. The 18th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
45. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
47. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
49. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
50. Any of the Khoisan languages spoken by the pastoral people of Namibia and South Africa.
52. Put up with something or somebody unpleasant.
54. The intended recipient of a message.
55. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
58. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
59. A river in central Italy rising in the Apennines and flowing through Florence and Pisa to the Ligurian Sea.
60. The sound made by a horse.
61. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
65. God of love and erotic desire.
69. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
70. Large tropical butterfly with degenerate forelegs and an unpleasant taste.
74. The month following January and preceding March.
75. A town in western Washington.
77. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
78. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
79. Web spinners.
80. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
1. Meat from a domestic hog or pig.
2. At any time.
3. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
4. The hulled and crushed grain of various cereals.
5. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
6. An honorary arts degree.
7. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
8. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
9. A tan discoloration of a woman's face that is associated with pregnancy or with the use of oral contraceptives.
10. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
11. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
14. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
19. (Hawaiian) A small guitar having four strings.
24. Little known Kamarupan languages.
28. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
29. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
30. God of fire.
32. Small shrubby tree of eastern North America similar to the Judas tree having usually pink flowers.
33. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
34. Having or arranged in tiers.
36. (trademark) An acrylic fiber or the lightweight crease-resistant fabric made with Orlon yarns.
38. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
39. The dynasty that ruled much of Manchuria and northeastern China from 947 to 1125.
40. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
42. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
46. Bubble shells.
48. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
51. Adult female chicken.
53. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
56. An artificial language related to Ido.
57. Covered with beads of liquid.
62. In bed.
63. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
64. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
66. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
67. A manner of performance.
68. Type genus of the Anatidae.
71. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
72. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
73. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
76. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.