1. An honorary degree in science.
4. Clean refuse from.
12. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
15. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
16. A monastery for lamas.
17. Being five more than twenty.
18. (zoology) Pertaining to alulae.
20. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
21. Being one more than forty.
22. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
25. A perceptual structure.
27. Russian choreographer (1834-1905).
29. Be obliged to pay or repay.
31. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
34. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
37. Old World wild swine having a narrow body and prominent tusks from which most domestic swine come.
38. The principal bullfighter who is appointed to make the final passes and kill the bull.
40. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
42. Make secure by lashing.
44. The ending of a series or sequence.
45. Trade name for a drug containing an antihistamine and a decongestant.
46. A state in midwestern United States.
48. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
49. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
50. American frontiersman and Tennessee politician who died at the siege of the Alamo (1786-1836).
52. Surface layer of ground containing a matt of grass and grass roots.
55. The cry made by sheep.
58. Discrimination against middle-aged and elderly people.
61. Type genus of the Pyralidae.
64. Not asked for.
68. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
69. Any of various plants of the genus Albuca having large clusters of pale yellow flowers.
72. A group of southern Bantu languages.
73. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
74. Extinct order of jawless vertebrates.
76. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
77. A secret society of white Southerners to resist Black emancipation.
78. A great raja.
79. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
1. Diving ducks of North America having a bluish-gray bill.
2. Eurasian plant cultivated for its seed and as a forage crop.
3. The state of being unsure of something.
4. Satisfy (thirst).
5. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
6. Before noon.
7. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
8. Physicist honored for advances in solid state electronics (born in Japan in 1925).
9. A desert in southern Israel.
10. An island state in the West Indies in the southeastern Caribbean Sea.
11. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
12. Being four more than seventy.
13. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
14. Roman poet remembered for his elegiac verses on love (43 BC - AD 17).
19. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
23. Moving toward a position ahead.
24. A doughnut-shaped chamber used in fusion research.
26. Covered with a roof.
28. An international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security.
30. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
32. Capital and largest city of Colombia.
33. Wild geese.
35. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
36. An honorary arts degree.
39. The brightest star in Cygnus.
41. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
43. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
47. A river in central Brazil that flows generally northward (with many falls) to join the Tocantins River.
51. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
53. A deep bow.
54. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
56. Unknown god.
57. The capital and largest city of Lithuania.
59. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
60. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
62. Noisy talk.
63. Framework for holding objects.
65. A river in western Asia.
66. A town in north central Oklahoma.
67. Costing 10 dollars.
70. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
71. An emergency procedure consisting of external cardiac massage and artificial respiration.
75. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.