1. Wild and domestic cattle.
4. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
12. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
15. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
16. Evergreen tropical trees and shrubs with thick and colorful leathery leaves.
17. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
18. Pass gradually or leak through or as if through small openings.
20. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
22. A small island.
23. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
24. A historical region of Croatia on the Adriatic Sea.
26. A woman's large folded hooped hood.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
31. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
35. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
44. Any of various types of cabbage.
47. Make weak.
49. A festival featuring African-American culture.
50. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
51. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
52. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
54. Provided with artificial light.
56. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
57. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
59. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
61. A bachelor's degree in science.
62. One thousandth of a second.
64. Having three dimensions.
70. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
71. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
74. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
75. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
76. A crystalline amino acid that occurs in many proteins.
78. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
79. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
80. A Chinese puzzle consisting of a square divided into seven pieces that must be arranged to match particular designs.
81. Fallow deer.
1. Pertaining to or constituting a base or basis.
2. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
3. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
4. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
5. (anatomy) A structure that resembles a shell in shape.
6. A public promotion of some product or service.
7. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
8. Something a given number of yards long.
9. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
10. Totally lacking in saturation and therefore having no hue.
11. Before noon.
12. Singing jazz.
13. Being three more than fifty.
14. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
19. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
21. Large family of important mostly marine food fishes.
25. Informal terms for a mother.
27. A city in central southwestern Iran.
28. Any of various units of capacity.
32. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
33. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
34. Indian tree having fragrant nocturnal white flowers and yielding a reddish wood used for planking.
36. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
37. The content of cognition.
38. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
41. A member of the Algonquian people of Maine and southern Quebec.
42. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
43. A genus of Old World mints of the family Labiatae.
45. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
46. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
48. A corporation authorized by Congress to provide a secondary market for residential mortgages.
53. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
55. The cardinal number that is the sum of three and one.
58. A swindle in which you cheat at gambling or persuade a person to buy worthless property.
60. Enthusiastic approval.
63. A genus of Pyralidae.
65. The 2nd letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
66. Broken husks of the seeds of cereal grains that are separated from the flour by sifting.
67. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
68. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
69. God of the Underworld.
72. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
73. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
77. The square of a body of any size of type.