1. A periodic paperback publication.
4. Having seven units or components.
12. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
15. How long something has existed.
16. A skilled worker who can live in underwater installations and participate in scientific research.
17. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
18. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
19. Warn strongly.
20. The fourth month of the Hindu calendar.
22. Antihypertensive consisting of an alkaloid extracted from the plant Rauwolfia serpentina (trade names Raudixin or Rau-Sed or Sandril or Serpasil).
24. Any of the radiating leaflike spore-producing structures on the underside of the cap of a mushroom or similar fungus.
26. A white powder with a pleasant taste and odor.
27. Of or relating to or containing barium.
28. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
30. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
31. The provincial capital of Veneto.
35. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
39. A loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion.
40. The imperial dynasty of China from 1122 to 221 BC.
44. Very fertile.
45. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
48. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
49. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
51. Relating to or consisting of or being in water.
53. Disposed of as useless.
55. A genus of Lamnidae.
57. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
58. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
59. In bed.
60. Free from dirt or impurities.
63. Informal terms for a mother.
65. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
69. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
73. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
74. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
76. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
77. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
78. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
79. A slight amount or degree of difference.
1. A master's degree in library science.
2. American novelist (1909-1955).
3. Wheelwork consisting of a connected set of rotating gears by which force is transmitted or motion or torque is changed.
4. A republic in extreme eastern Africa on the Somali Peninsula.
5. A permanent council of the United Nations.
6. Of or relating to the penis.
7. (aeronautical) Pertaining to the tail section of a plane.
8. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
9. Shah of Iran who was deposed in 1979 by Islamic fundamentalists (1919-1980).
10. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
11. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
12. The basic unit of money in Iran.
13. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
14. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
21. Mark as different.
23. Tree native to southeastern Asia having reddish wood with a mottled or striped black grain.
25. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
29. The world's largest desert (3,500,000 square miles) in North Africa.
32. Mexican revolutionary who led a revolt for agrarian reforms (1879-1919).
33. Used to manufacture fructose and in assessing kidney function.
34. The territory of Athens in ancient Greece.
36. The fifth of the seven canonical hours.
37. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
38. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
41. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
42. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
43. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
46. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
47. Jordan's port.
50. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
52. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
54. Roman emperor and adoptive son of Nerva.
56. A large fleet.
61. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
62. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
64. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
66. A public act of violence by an unruly mob.
67. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
68. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
70. An accountant certified by the state.
71. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
72. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
75. An associate degree in nursing.