1. Any competition.
5. A naturally occurring weak estrogenic hormone secreted by the mammalian ovary.
12. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
15. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
16. An adult member of the Boy Scouts movement.
17. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
18. A round shape formed by a series of concentric circles.
19. The act of rubbing down.
20. Either extremity of something that has length.
21. A name that has been assumed temporarily.
23. Queen of England as the 6th wife of Henry VIII (1512-1548).
25. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
27. A gathering of passengers sufficient to fill an automobile.
30. A small hard fruit.
31. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
34. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
36. A European river.
38. A Loloish language.
40. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
43. A group of islands in the southeastern West Indies.
45. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
49. A bachelor's degree in naval science.
50. A waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water.
51. A Russian river.
55. Of or relating to near the ear.
56. Broad in the beam.
59. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
60. A small drink of liquor.
61. A light touch or stroke.
62. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
64. Any of numerous venomous fanged snakes of warmer parts of both hemispheres.
67. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
70. Half the width of an em.
72. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
75. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
77. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
78. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
79. The lowest brass wind instrument.
80. A deciduous tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in the southeastern United States.
81. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
1. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
2. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
3. A shrub of the genus Carissa having fragrant white flowers and plumlike red to purple-black fruits.
4. Spin or twist together so as to form a cord.
5. The rate at which red blood cells settle out in a tube of blood under standardized conditions.
6. Flesh of fish found in colder waters of northern Atlantic coast of the United States.
7. Leaves of the tobacco plant dried and prepared for smoking or ingestion.
8. Father of the storm gods Marut.
9. Discharge from the external ear.
10. Not of long duration.
11. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
12. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
13. Tough Asiatic grass whose culms are used for ropes and baskets.
14. English monk and scholar (672-735).
22. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
24. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
26. A public promotion of some product or service.
28. Xerophytic evergreen shrubs.
29. A doctor's degree in optometry.
32. Of or relating to the palm of the hand or to the area at the base of the thumb.
33. An angry disturbance.
35. Praise, glorify, or honor.
37. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
39. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
41. With rapid movements.
42. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
44. A state in midwestern United States.
46. A French river.
47. A city in western Lithuania on the Baltic Sea.
52. The acetylated derivative of salicylic acid.
53. A Mid-Atlantic state.
54. A small cake leavened with yeast.
57. Hard white substance covering the crown of a tooth.
58. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
63. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
65. An inhabitant of Lappland.
66. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
68. Common Indian weaverbird.
69. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
71. The cry made by sheep.
73. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
74. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
76. A metallic element of the rare earth group.