1. The ratio of the distance traveled (in miles) to the time spent traveling (in hours).
4. Of or relating to the peoples who speak the language of the Arawak.
12. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
15. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
16. Any ameba of the genus Endamoeba.
17. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
18. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
20. Acid gritty-textured fruit.
22. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trademarks Aleve and Anaprox and Aflaxen).
24. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
25. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
27. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
29. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
31. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
36. Region of western Asia Minor colonized by Ancient Greeks.
39. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
40. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
41. A Nilotic language.
42. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
45. Xerophytic evergreen shrubs.
49. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
50. A large fleet.
51. The basic unit of money in Vietnam.
54. The basic unit of money in Iran.
55. Rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force, as on a wave.
58. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
60. A carriage consisting of two wheels and calash top.
64. Young sheep.
67. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
70. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
74. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
75. Howler monkeys.
77. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
78. A young woman making her debut into society.
79. Rank-smelling tropical American pigweed.
80. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
2. A roughly cylindrical that is vessel open at the top.
3. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
4. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
5. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
6. A public promotion of some product or service.
7. A thin coat of water-base paint.
8. (Roman mythology) God of love.
9. United States writer who was a leading figure of the beat generation (1922-1969).
10. The superior of a group of nuns.
11. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
12. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
13. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
14. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
19. A genus of Indriidae.
21. Again but in a new or different way.
23. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
26. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
28. An orderly pile.
30. Large South American evergreen tree trifoliate leaves and drupes with nutlike seeds used as food and a source of cooking oil.
32. (trademark) A material used to coat cooking utensils and in industrial applications where sticking is to be avoided.
33. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
34. (used of certain religious orders) Barefoot or wearing only sandals.
35. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
37. A small constellation in the southern hemisphere near Lupus and Ara in the Milky Way.
38. In bed.
43. South African term for `boss'.
44. A shape that sags.
46. A large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm.
47. Aromatic gum resin.
48. Either extremity of something that has length.
52. Spherical gram-positive parasitic bacteria that tend to form irregular colonies.
53. Type genus of the family Mustelidae.
56. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
57. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
59. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
61. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
62. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
63. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
65. Type genus of the Anatidae.
66. The officer below the master on a commercial ship.
68. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
69. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
71. A clawed foot of an animal especially a quadruped.
72. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
73. A slight amount or degree of difference.
76. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.