1. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
4. Extinct order of jawless vertebrates.
12. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
15. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
16. Having removed clothing.
17. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
18. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
20. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
22. Any plant of the genus Canna having large sheathing leaves and clusters of large showy flowers.
25. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
26. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
27. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
29. Type genus of the Amiidae.
31. Covered with paving material.
36. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
39. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
42. A city in southwestern Switzerland at the western end of Lake Geneva.
43. Deciduous round-headed Asiatic tree widely grown in mild climates as an ornamental for its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant yellow-green flowers followed by hanging clusters of fleshy orange-red berries.
45. (Sumerian) Water god and god of wisdom.
47. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
48. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
49. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
51. Being nine more than forty.
52. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
53. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
55. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
57. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
58. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
60. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
63. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
65. Extremely exciting as if by alcohol or a narcotic.
67. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
71. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
75. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
76. Molten rock in the earth's crust.
79. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
80. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
81. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
83. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
84. A light touch or stroke.
85. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
86. Declare untrue.
1. Athenian lawmaker whose code of laws prescribed death for almost every offense (circa 7th century BC).
2. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
3. Hardened sugary exudation of various trees.
4. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
5. The compass point that is midway between north and northwest.
6. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
7. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
8. Acting like a clown or buffoon.
9. In the same place (used when citing a reference).
10. Resist or confront with resistance.
11. A public promotion of some product or service.
12. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
13. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
14. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
19. Reports of the work of a society or learned body etc.
21. (Greek mythology) Sea nymph who was a daughter of the Titans Oceanus and Tethys.
23. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
24. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
28. Water frozen in the solid state.
30. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
32. Moving quickly and lightly.
33. Cause to run off the tracks.
34. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
35. Wildly disordered.
37. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
38. A populous province in northeastern China.
40. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
41. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
44. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
46. A case for containing a set of articles.
50. A three-tone Chadic language.
54. A genus of Pyralidae.
56. The residue that remains when something is burned.
59. A member of the Himalayan people living in Nepal and Tibet who are famous for their skill as mountaineers.
61. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
62. Produced by crossbreeding.
64. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
66. Jordan's port.
68. An informal term for a father.
69. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
70. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
72. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
73. A historical area and former kingdom in northwestern Spain.
74. A friendly nation.
77. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
78. The month following February and preceding April.
82. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.