1. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
4. Affecting extreme elegance in dress and manner.
12. A castrated tomcat.
15. A recurring sleep state during which dreaming occurs.
16. The provision of something by issuing it (usually in quantity).
17. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
18. Used of a single unit or thing.
19. An artist who creates sculptures.
20. The cry made by sheep.
21. Music written in the rhythm of the bolero dance.
23. Becoming rotten.
25. A deep bow.
26. North American rat snakes.
27. An area that includes seats for several people.
29. Bundle of rods containing an axe with the blade protruding.
33. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
36. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
37. A narrow way or road.
38. Resembling apes.
41. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
44. The sign language used in the United States.
45. Long pod containing small beans and sweetish edible pulp.
48. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
50. Brown or blackish Alpine mosses having a dehiscent capsule with 4 longitudinal slits.
54. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
58. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
61. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
65. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
66. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Ansaid) that is administered only orally.
69. (Hinduism and Buddhism) The effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation.
70. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
71. Italian painter and sculptor and engineer and scientist and architect.
73. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
74. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
75. A great raja.
76. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
1. Infestation of the pubic hair by crab lice.
2. A seaport in northwestern Italy.
3. The sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form.
4. British statesman who as Prime Minister bought controlling interest in the Suez Canal and made Queen Victoria the Empress of India (1804-1881).
5. An ascocarp having the spore-bearing layer of cells (the hymenium) on a broad disklike receptacle.
6. Inflammation of the urethra of unknown cause.
7. The quality of being slow to understand.
8. Informal terms for the mouth.
9. (prefix) Within.
10. The quantity a scoop will hold.
11. The Teutonic goddess of fertility.
12. A desert in central Asia.
13. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
14. (informal) Exceptionally good.
22. An upright tripod for displaying something (usually an artist's canvas).
24. A unit of magnetic flux density equal to one weber per square meter.
28. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
30. An ancient country is southwestern Asia on the east coast of the Mediterranean.
31. Romanian violinist and composer (1881-1955).
32. A kind of sealing material that is used to form a hard coating on a porous surface (as a coat of paint or varnish used to size a surface).
34. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
35. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
39. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
40. An enclosed space.
42. A master's degree in business.
43. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
46. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
47. Perennial herb of North America.
49. A genus of Ploceidae.
51. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
52. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
53. South American plant cultivated for its large fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers.
55. Eurasian rose with prickly stems and fragrant leaves and bright pink flowers followed by scarlet hips.
56. Father of the storm gods Marut.
57. A Russian river.
59. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
60. The habitation of wild animals.
62. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
63. A slight rounded elevation where the malleus attaches to the eardrum.
64. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
67. The syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization.
68. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
72. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.