1. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
4. French painter (born in Russia) noted for his imagery and brilliant colors (1887-1985).
11. In bed.
15. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
16. Genus of tropical shrubs and trees having usually odd-pinnate leaves with large leaflets and pink to reddish wood.
17. A quantity of no importance.
18. A young woman indulged by rich and powerful older men.
20. The state or fact of existing.
21. Winning all or all but one of the tricks in bridge.
22. A republic on the west coast of Africa.
23. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
25. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
26. A tiny or scarcely detectable amount.
28. Collect or gather.
31. The positive fractional part of the representation of a logarithm.
34. A salt deposit that animals regularly lick.
37. Eaten as mush or as a thin gruel.
38. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
40. A city in central southwestern Iran.
42. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
45. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
46. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
49. American Revolutionary patriot.
52. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
53. Informal abbreviation of `representative'.
54. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
55. Any customary and rightful perquisite appropriate to your station in life.
57. Employed in accomplishing something.
59. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
61. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
62. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
63. A public promotion of some product or service.
65. A bachelor's degree in religion.
67. Excessively agitated.
71. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
74. The sister of your father or mother.
76. Shattered or torn up or torn apart violently as by e.g. wind or lightning or explosive.
77. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
78. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
79. Relating to or occurring or living in or frequenting the open ocean.
82. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
83. Founder of Christian Science in 1866 (1821-1910).
84. Exaggerate one's acting.
85. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
2. An elaborate song for solo voice.
3. A young child.
4. Small tough woody zamia of Florida and West Indies and Cuba.
5. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
6. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
7. United States army officer and engineer who supervised the construction of the Panama Canal (1858-1928).
8. A genus of European owls.
9. In a straight unbroken line of descent from parent to child.
10. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
11. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
12. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
13. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
14. Slightly wet.
19. Distributed or sold illicitly.
24. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
27. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
29. An unpredictable outcome that is unfortunate.
30. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
32. Spider monkeys.
33. A deep pan with a handle.
35. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
36. Any of numerous ornamental shrubs grown for their showy flowers of various colors.
39. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
41. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
43. A member of the Pueblo people living in northern New Mexico.
44. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
47. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
48. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
50. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
51. An unforeseen obstacle.
56. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
58. In a mildly insane manner.
60. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
64. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
66. Two items of the same kind.
68. A collection of things (goods or works of art etc.) for public display.
69. A drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands.
70. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
72. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
73. A small cake leavened with yeast.
75. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
80. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
81. A New England state.