1. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
4. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (trade name Meclomen) used to treat arthritis.
12. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
15. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
16. A poisonous crystalline alkaloid extracted from the nightshade family.
17. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
20. Unaged colorless liquor originating in Russia.
21. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
23. A member of a North American Indian people speaking one of the Hokan language.
24. A port in southwestern Scotland.
25. In operation or operational.
26. An honorary degree in science.
28. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
30. Dry brandy distilled in the Armagnac district of France.
34. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
36. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
37. By bad luck.
41. Oblong cream puff.
43. A statute in draft before it becomes law.
45. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
47. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
48. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
50. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
52. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
53. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
55. A Russian river.
56. Of or relating to or near the groin.
58. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
61. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
62. A medieval hood of mail suspended from a basinet to protect the head and neck.
66. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
69. Any plant of the genus Acanthus having large spiny leaves and spikes or white or purplish flowers.
74. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
75. French composer of operas (1842-1912).
78. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
79. Someone who claims to speak the truth.
80. A master's degree in business.
81. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
82. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
83. Extremely pleasing.
1. Loose or flaccid body fat.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. Philippine tree similar to the breadfruit tree bearing edible fruit.
5. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
6. Of or relating to a creed.
7. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
8. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
9. Evergreen Australasian tree having white or silvery bark and young leaves and yellow flowers.
10. Half the width of an em.
11. A state in the western United States.
12. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
13. A resin used in adhesives and paints.
14. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
22. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
27. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
29. Type genus of the Amiidae.
31. Reconnaissance (by shortening).
32. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
33. Australian clover fern.
35. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
38. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
39. Lean end of the neck.
40. A very large person.
42. Being one more than one.
44. Of a quality, as in.
46. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
51. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
54. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
57. (informal) Very bad.
59. An image represented as a two dimensional array of brightness values for pixels.
60. Decrease in size, extent, or range.
63. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
64. A group of African languages in the Niger-Congo group spoken from Senegal east as far as the Ivory Coast.
65. The sacred city of Lamaism.
67. A person of unquestioning obedience.
68. (prefix) Within.
70. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
71. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
72. A small cake leavened with yeast.
73. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
76. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
77. The rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit.