1. A sign of assent or salutation or command.
4. Impairment of the sense of smell.
11. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
15. A corporation's first offer to sell stock to the public.
16. Greek wine flavored with resin.
17. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
18. Examine by palpation for medical purposes.
20. Degree of figurative distance or separation.
22. Remote in manner.
23. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
26. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
27. Capable of wounding.
28. Rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force, as on a wave.
30. In a gay manner.
32. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
36. Relating to the Urdu language.
39. (chemistry) P(otential of) H(ydrogen).
40. The basic unit of money in Sri Lanka.
42. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
46. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
47. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
50. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
54. Hard greenish-brown wood of the lignum vitae tree and other trees of the genus Guaiacum.
57. Silver-coated candy bead for decorating cakes.
60. Of or relating to a language that arises from contact between two other languages and has features of both.
61. Highly excited.
64. A confidential or secret meeting.
66. A stiff chitinous seta or bristle especially of an annelid worm.
68. Any physiologically active internal secretion especially one of uncertain classification.
72. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
73. The largest city in Kazakhstan and the capital until 1998.
76. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
77. Used of a single unit or thing.
78. Lead someone in the wrong direction.
80. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
81. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
82. A great raja.
83. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
1. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory (trade name Dolobid) used to treat arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
4. Not airtight.
5. Up to the present time.
6. A mug intended for serving beer.
7. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
8. Device for converting sound waves into electrical energy.
9. Not out.
10. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
11. Small toothless anteater with prehensile tale and four-clawed forelimbs.
12. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
13. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
14. In bed.
19. Thick stew made of rice and chicken and small game.
21. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
24. How long something has existed.
25. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
29. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
31. (Akkadian) Mother and earth goddess in Gilgamish epic.
33. An accountant certified by the state.
34. Any of several aromatic herbs having edible seeds and leaves and stems.
35. Deficient in amount or quality or extent.
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
41. (informal) The best of its kind n.
43. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
44. Unknown god.
45. Any of several cultivated grapevines that produce sweet white grapes.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
49. A long narrow natural elevation or striation.
51. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
52. Small free-swimming tunicates.
53. A republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula.
55. Genus of tall smooth herbs of forested mountains of Europe and Asia minor.
56. A city in central Illinois.
58. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
59. Half the width of an em.
62. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
63. English conspirator who claimed that there was a Jesuit plot to assassinate Charles II (1649-1705).
65. A Bantu language.
67. Russian physicist (1895-1971).
69. A kiln for drying hops.
70. A small island.
71. A notable achievement.
74. A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that controls the degree of pigmentation in melanocytes.
75. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
79. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.