1. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
4. A cellulose ester obtained by treating cellulose with caustic soda.
11. An infectious tropical disease resembling syphilis in its early stages.
15. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
16. Violating principles of right and wrong.
17. A state in the western United States.
18. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
19. The vital principle or animating force within living things.
20. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
21. Jordan's port.
23. Edge tool used in shaving.
25. Beside one another in a row or rank.
26. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
28. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
30. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
33. Big-eyed scad.
37. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
41. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
42. The eleventh month of the civil year.
43. Rock star and drummer for the Beatles (born in 1940).
46. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
47. Avatar of Vishnu.
49. Of or relating to or characteristic of Morocco or its people.
53. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
54. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
55. (dentistry) A filling consisting of a solid substance (as gold or porcelain) fitted to a cavity in a tooth and cemented into place.
56. A very light colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
59. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
60. A state in New England.
61. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
63. (Greek mythology) Sea nymph who was a daughter of the Titans Oceanus and Tethys.
66. Chinese fruit having a thin brittle shell enclosing a sweet jellylike pulp and a single seed.
70. Having a woven pattern.
73. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
74. The 3rd letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
78. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
79. In an idle manner.
80. A city in southeastern Spain.
82. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
83. A telephone connection.
84. A bar of sand.
85. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
2. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
3. A word for chaos or fiasco borrowed from modern Hebrew (where it is a loan word from Russian).
4. An endorsement made in a passport that allows the bearer to enter the country issuing it v 1.
5. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
6. A smile expressing smugness or scorn instead of pleasure.
7. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
8. A city of east central Mexico (west of Veracruz).
9. (Zen Buddhism) A state of sudden spiritual enlightenment.
10. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
11. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
12. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
13. A city in east central Texas.
14. A public entertainment or exhibition.
22. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
24. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
31. Washing out a hollow organ (especially the stomach) by flushing with water.
32. A motley assortment of things.
34. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
35. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
36. A night flight from which the passengers emerge with eyes red from lack of sleep.
38. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
39. A small nail.
40. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
44. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
45. An ordered reference standard.
48. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
50. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
51. Of a vivid red to reddish-orange color.
52. Type genus of the Anhimidae.
57. A metrical unit with stressed-unstressed-unstressed syllables.
58. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
62. German composer.
64. A public promotion of some product or service.
65. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
67. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
68. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
69. A genus of Mustelidae.
71. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
72. God of love and erotic desire.
75. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
76. Either extremity of something that has length.
77. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
81. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.