1. Relating to only part of a whole.
5. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
11. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
15. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
16. Any of several lichens of the genus Parmelia from which reddish brown or purple dyes are made.
17. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
18. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
20. A sudden short attack.
21. In bed.
23. A unit of information equal to 1024 bytes.
25. The craniometric point at the bridge of the nose where the frontal and nasal bones of the skull meet.
27. Foul with waste matter.
29. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
30. Land and buildings together considered as a place of business.
34. A Nilo-Saharan language spoken by the Songhai people in Mali and Niger.
38. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
39. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
40. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
41. Beyond what is natural.
43. A resource.
45. A local computer network for communication between computers.
46. A member of a formerly tribal people in south central India.
48. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
49. (linguistics) Relating to the dative case.
51. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
53. A recurring sleep state during which rapid eye movements do not occur and dreaming does not occur.
54. A unit of apothecary weight equal to 480 grains or one twelfth of a pound.
57. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
58. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
63. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
67. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
72. Discrimination in favor of the able-bodied.
74. (music) The speed at which a composition is to be played.
75. (prefix) Coming before or being preliminary or preparatory.
76. An animal disease that can be transmitted to humans.
79. A unit of pain intensity.
80. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
81. Produce ankylosis by surgery.
82. Make amends for.
1. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
2. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
3. A flowering shrub bearing currants or gooseberries.
4. Buying or selling securities or commodities.
5. One million periods per second.
6. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
7. (British) A linear measure of 16.5 feet.
8. A member of an Indian people formerly living along the Gulf coast of Louisiana and Texas.
9. The capital of Australia.
10. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
11. Usually tropical slender-bodied long-legged moth whose larvae are crop pests.
12. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
13. A small piece of anything (especially a piece that has been snipped off).
14. An informal term for a father.
22. (of tempo) Moderately slow n.
24. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
26. An island of central Hawaii (between Molokai and Kauai).
28. All the New World monkeys except marmosets and tamarins.
31. A town in central Kansas.
32. A tricyclic antidepressant drug (trade name Elavil) with serious side effects.
33. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
35. The sensation that results when olfactory receptors in the nose are stimulated by particular chemicals in gaseous form.
36. The present occasion.
37. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
42. A Russian river.
44. An audiotape recording of sound.
47. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
50. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
55. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
56. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
59. 1,000 baiza equal 1 riyal-omani.
60. Malicious burning to destroy property.
62. Lower in esteem.
64. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
65. On or toward the lee.
66. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
68. Type genus of the Apidae.
69. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
70. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
71. Displeasing to the senses and morally revolting.
73. A pass between mountain peaks.
77. A Mid-Atlantic state.
78. Conforming to truth.