1. A group of African language in the Niger-Congo group spoken from the Ivory Coast east to Nigeria.
4. Small burrowing legless European lizard with tiny eyes.
12. A tight-fitting headdress.
15. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
16. A group of street musicians in Mexico.
17. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
18. A rapid bustling commotion.
19. A swinging blow directed upward (especially at an opponent's chin).
20. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
21. A major industrial center in northeastern China on the Grand Canal near the Yellow Sea.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
27. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
29. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
32. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
34. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
38. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
40. Web spinners.
42. A large group of islands in the south Pacific including Melanesia and Micronesia and Polynesia (and sometimes Australasia and the Malay Archipelago).
44. (Irish) Goddess.
45. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
46. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
49. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
50. An informal term for a father.
52. A blind god.
55. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
57. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
58. Wood of a sumac.
61. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
62. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
66. A spear with three prongs.
69. Under a moral obligation to do something.
71. A resource.
72. The boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary.
75. Jordan's port.
76. Either extremity of something that has length.
77. The theological doctrine taught by Arius that Christ the Son was not consubstantial with God the Father.
79. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
80. A field covered with grass or herbage and suitable for grazing by livestock.
81. The type genus of the family Nymphaeaceae.
82. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The basic unit of money in Myanmar.
2. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
3. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
4. A black colloidal substance consisting wholly or principally of amorphous carbon and used to make pigments and ink.
5. A mistake resulting from inattention.
6. Perennial northern temperate plant with toothed leaves and heads of small purplish-white flowers.
7. United States mathematician and founder of cybernetics (1894-1964).
8. The waging of armed conflict against an enemy.
9. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
10. Long pinkish sour leafstalks usually eaten cooked and sweetened.
11. An engineering university in Cambridge.
12. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
13. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
14. Either of two large muscles of the chest.
22. Greek mythology.
24. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
28. Small South American spiny tree with dark crimson and scarlet flowers solitary or clustered.
30. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
31. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
33. Accord or comport with.
35. A seaport in northwestern Italy.
36. Obvious and dull.
39. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. A doctor's degree in education.
47. Green turtles.
48. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
51. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
53. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
54. A dyed fabric.
56. Someone who cuts and delivers ice.
59. Liquid excretory product.
60. Blouse with a sailor collar.
63. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
67. (used with singular count nouns) Colloquial for `not a' or `not one' or `never a'.
68. Thin and fit.
70. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
73. A conspicuous disparity or difference as between two figures.
74. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
78. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.