1. A solution containing a phosphate buffer.
4. Red Asian weaverbirds often kept as cage birds.
12. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
15. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
16. Widespread genus or herbs or soft-wooded arborescent shrubs cultivated for their showy flowers.
17. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
18. Italian operatic composer (1813-1901).
20. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
21. Having wrinkles or waves.
22. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
23. King of Judea who (according to the New Testament) tried to kill Jesus by ordering the death of all children under age two in Bethlehem (73-4 BC).
25. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
26. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
27. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
30. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. A long steep slope or cliff at the edge of a plateau or ridge.
36. Lower in esteem.
42. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
43. Denuded of leaves.
45. Unknown god.
47. The player judged to be the most important to the sport.
48. (informal) Of the highest quality.
49. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
52. Erect leafless flower stalk growing directly from the ground as in a tulip.
54. Marked by lack of intellectual depth.
56. Anise-flavored Greek liquor.
57. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
60. Without forethought or plan.
62. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
64. Half the width of an em.
65. A port in central Norway on Trondheim Fjord.
68. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
73. (Greek mythology) The Muse of astronomy.
76. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
77. Any of various dark heavy viscid substances obtained as a residue.
78. (of movement) At an angle.
80. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
81. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
82. Farther along in physical or mental development.
83. The fatty flesh of eel.
1. Covered with a firm surface.
2. Tired to the point of exhaustion.
3. Spanish missionary who founded Franciscan missions in California (1713-1784).
4. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
5. Informal terms for a mother.
6. A genus of Indriidae.
7. In a state of mental numbness especially as resulting from shock.
8. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
9. A barbiturate used as a hypnotic.
10. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
11. The sound made by a gentle blow.
12. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
13. On or toward the lee.
14. An informal term for a father.
19. Corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality.
24. Type genus of the Rubiaceae.
28. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
29. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
33. Protective covering made of metal and used in combat.
34. Revise or reorganize, esp. for the purpose of updating and improving.
35. A garment worn by women in ancient Greece.
37. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
38. Of or relating to or involving an area.
39. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
40. (informal) Exceptionally good.
41. Jordan's port.
44. An informal term for a father.
46. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
50. An ode form used by Pindar.
51. (Irish) Goddess.
53. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
55. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
58. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
59. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
61. Freed of dependence on something especially (for mammals) mother's milk.
63. Any plant of the genus Erica.
66. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
67. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
69. Indian physicist who with Albert Einstein proposed statistical laws based on the indistinguishability of particles.
70. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
71. Look at with amorous intentions.
72. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
74. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
75. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
79. The eleventh month of the civil year.