1. 3 to 30 gigahertz.
4. Motionlessness attributable to a temporary paralysis.
12. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
15. An argument opposed to a proposal.
16. Of or relating to precious stones or the art of working with them.
17. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
18. The segment of the public that is easily influenced by mass media (chiefly British).
20. A timepiece that measures a time interval and signals its end.
21. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
22. (informal) Exceptionally good.
23. A republic in the West Indies on the western part of the island of Hispaniola.
25. Unable to relax or be still.
27. Any of various organs that synthesize substances needed by the body and release it through ducts or directly into the bloodstream.
30. An African river that flows northwest into Lake Chad.
34. Slightly open.
38. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
41. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
42. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
43. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
47. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
49. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
51. (informal) Someone who is a detective.
54. Perceptible especially by the eye.
56. Any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc..
57. The square of a body of any size of type.
58. A Mid-Atlantic state.
59. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
62. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
66. German mathematician (1804-1851).
68. Uneaten and saved for eating later.
74. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
75. Of or relating to or characteristic of Alsace or its inhabitants.
78. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
79. Seed of a pea plant.
80. Italian painter and sculptor and engineer and scientist and architect.
81. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
82. Either extremity of something that has length.
83. A great raja.
84. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A blind god.
3. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
4. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
5. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
6. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
7. Bright with a steady but subdued shining.
8. Make editorial changes (in a text).
9. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
10. A strong emotion.
11. An Asian republic in the Middle East at the east end of the Mediterranean.
12. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
13. Possessing material wealth.
14. Full of zest or vigor.
19. (informal British usage) Aggravation or aggression.
24. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
26. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
28. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
29. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
31. A district of Manhattan.
32. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
33. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
35. (Old Testament) Moses' successor who led the Israelites into the Promised Land.
36. Great coolness and composure under strain.
37. A net or mesh foundation for lace.
39. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
40. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
45. Type genus of the Rutaceae.
48. (combining form) Indicating radiation or radioactivity.
50. A visual presentation showing how something works.
52. A form of address for a man.
53. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
55. Perennial herb of North America.
60. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
61. A muzzle-loading high-angle gun with a short barrel that fires shells at high elevations for a short range.
63. A landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa.
64. Low-growing tropical perennials grown for their stingless foliage.
65. A seaport in northwestern Italy.
67. Chief port of Yemen.
69. A genus of Mustelidae.
70. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
71. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
72. Very dark black.
73. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
76. The syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization.
77. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.