1. 3 to 30 gigahertz.
4. A person who eats human flesh.
12. A steep-walled semicircular basin in a mountain.
15. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
16. In an urbane manner.
17. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
18. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
19. British writer (born in Hungary) who wrote a novel exposing the Stalinist purges during the 1930s (1905-1983).
20. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
21. The process of becoming mildewed.
23. Brief episode in which the brain gets insufficient blood supply.
24. The dialect of Ancient Greek spoken in Thessaly and Boeotia and Aeolis.
26. Minor or subordinate.
27. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
29. (electronics) Designating sound transmission from two sources through two channels.
34. An early form of streetcar that was drawn by horses.
39. Cap that fits over the hub of a wheel.
41. State of being torn or burst open.
42. Wear away through erosion or vaporization.
43. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
44. One of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens.
45. A member of the Dravidian people living in southeastern India.
46. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
49. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
50. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
52. Obvious and dull.
56. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
58. The visual percept of a region.
61. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
63. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
66. Characteristic of a mob.
71. A city in northwestern Syria.
72. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
75. Someone whose business is advertising.
76. The highest level or degree attainable.
77. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
79. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
80. A sudden short attack.
81. Genus of beetles whose grubs feed mainly on roots of plants.
82. A master's degree in education.
1. A fraudulent business scheme.
2. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
3. A young horse.
4. Cylindrical green fruit with thin green rind and white flesh eaten as a vegetable.
5. Beside one another in a row or rank.
6. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
7. Offensive or even (of persons) malicious.
8. The basic unit of money in Peru.
9. To work at or to absurd length.
10. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
11. A harp used by ancient Greeks for accompaniment.
12. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
13. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
14. One thousandth of a second.
22. Deciduous shrub of North America.
25. United States playwright (1906-1963).
28. (of weapons or instruments) Causing suffering and pain.
30. A small tube.
31. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
32. Informal terms for a meal.
33. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
35. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
36. Separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument.
37. In a correct manner.
38. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
40. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
51. Having escaped, especially from confinement.
53. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
54. A piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed.
55. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
57. A member of a North American Indian people living around the mouth of the Colorado river.
59. Fragrant resin obtain from trees of the family Burseraceae and used as incense.
60. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
62. An uproarious party.
64. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
65. A primeval personification of air and breath.
67. A small cake leavened with yeast.
68. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
69. Informal terms for money.
70. A town in north central Oklahoma.
73. A rapid bustling commotion.
74. Game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them.
78. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.