1. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
4. A monocotyledonous flowering plant.
11. A flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers.
15. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
16. A commodity that enters competition with established merchandise.
17. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
18. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
19. Canna grown especially for its edible rootstock from which arrowroot starch is obtained.
21. An angry disturbance.
23. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
24. Make less active or intense.
27. Widely known and esteemed.
30. Of or relating to the Iberian peninsula or its inhabitants.
33. An elaborate song for solo voice.
36. Align anew or better.
42. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
43. A drama set to music.
45. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
46. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
48. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
49. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
50. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
54. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
57. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
58. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
59. The form of ratbite fever occurring in the Far East.
67. A medicine that lowers blood cholesterol levels by inhibiting HMG-CoA reductase.
68. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
70. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
71. Any high mountain.
72. Italian painter and sculptor and engineer and scientist and architect.
74. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
75. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
76. Being one more than eighteen.
77. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
1. Not only so, but.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. A master's degree in library science.
4. The food served and eaten at one time.
5. Belonging to some prior time.
6. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
7. A city of east central Mexico (west of Veracruz).
8. Small voraciously carnivorous freshwater fishes of South America that attack and destroy living animals.
9. Medieval artillery used during sieges.
10. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
11. (Old Testament) A son of Jacob and forefather of one of the tribes of Israel.
12. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
13. A social club for male undergraduates.
14. The quality of a person's voice.
20. Highly seasoned fatty sausage of pork and beef usually dried.
22. An advantageous purchase.
25. A category in some early taxonomies.
26. Being one more than fifty.
28. Of or relating to or involving an area.
29. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living in northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
31. A shop where a variety of goods are sold.
32. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
34. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
35. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
37. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
40. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
41. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
44. An informal term for a father.
47. The superior of an abbey of monks.
51. A sultanate in northwestern Borneo.
53. United States financier and philanthropist (1855-1937).
55. In a heated manner.
56. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
60. A large oven for firing or burning or drying such things as porcelain or bricks.
61. A self-replicating protein molecule that occupies a fixed place on a chromosome.
62. An agenda of things to do.
63. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
64. Absent without permission.
65. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
66. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
69. Not reflecting light.
73. In operation or operational.