1. A licensed medical practitioner.
4. The front limb (or homologous structure in other animals such as a flipper or wing).
12. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
15. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
16. A colorless fragrant liquid found in many essential oils.
17. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
18. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
19. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
20. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
22. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
25. Regarded with deep or rapturous love (especially as if for a god).
29. United States baseball player (born in 1931).
33. American novelist (1909-1955).
37. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
39. An underground tunnel with recesses where bodies were buried (as in ancient Rome).
41. A three-year law degree.
42. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
47. Enter uninvited.
49. Relating to or affecting the infant during the first month after birth.
51. Make a dent or impression in.
54. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
56. A genus of Accipitridae.
61. A town in central Kansas.
64. Extremely hungry.
66. A public promotion of some product or service.
67. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
69. Same in identity.
70. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
71. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
73. Someone who operates a barge.
75. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
76. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
77. A republic in southeastern Europe.
78. (Irish) The sea personified.
1. The deep vascular inner layer of the skin.
2. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
3. A group of Plains Indians formerly living in what is now North and South Dakota and Nebraska and Kansas and Arkansas and Louisiana and Oklahoma and Texas.
4. A crystal of snow.
5. Treated with oil.
6. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
7. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
8. An advanced law degree.
9. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
10. Designating a solution containing 1 mole of solute per 1000 grams of solvent.
11. Lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics.
12. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
13. In bed.
14. God of death.
21. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
23. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
24. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
26. A state in the eastern United States.
27. Rock that form the continuous lower layer of the earth's crust.
28. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
30. Metal or plastic sheath over the end of a shoelace or ribbon.
31. A resort city in southern Ukraine on the Black Sea.
32. A woman who tells fortunes.
34. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
35. Continuing forever or indefinitely.
36. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
38. The front part of the human leg between the knee and the ankle.
40. Brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall.
44. An island northwest of Wales.
45. Not human.
46. An island (part of Campania) in the Bay of Naples in southern Italy.
48. One of the two branches of the Finno-Ugric family of languages.
50. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
52. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
53. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
55. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
57. A particular environment or walk of life.
58. Of or relating to the feet.
59. Complacently or inanely foolish.
60. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
62. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
63. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
65. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
68. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
72. A doctor's degree in religion.
74. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.