1. One of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread.
4. The condition of having no arms.
12. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
15. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
16. The process of leaching.
17. Considerate and solicitous care.
18. Carry out or participate in an activity.
20. A language group of the Hokan family.
21. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
22. 1,000 baiza equal 1 riyal-omani.
24. A republic on the Isthmus of Panama.
26. Large (to 3 feet) blackish yellow-banded South American lizard.
28. Worn to shreds.
30. Soft creamy white cheese.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
33. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
34. An expression of greeting.
35. A state in midwestern United States.
36. Relatively low in price or charging low prices.
39. French painter (born in Russia) noted for his imagery and brilliant colors (1887-1985).
44. The portion of the vertebrate nervous system consisting of the brain and spinal cord.
46. Sayings of Jesus not recorded in the canonical Gospels.
48. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
49. A card game similar to ecarte.
51. A branch of the Tai languages.
52. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
53. A person who participates in or is skilled at some game.
54. Give over.
56. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
61. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
64. A city in southeastern Spain.
68. (Greek mythology) A maiden who was first a sculpture created by Pygmalion and was brought to life by Aphrodite in answer to Pygmalion's prayers.
71. Of or pertaining to or characteristic of Nepal or its people or language or culture.
74. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
75. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
76. An iron-clad vessel built by the Confederate forces in the hope of breaking the blockade imposed by the North.
78. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
79. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
80. A portable rectangular traveling bag for carrying clothes.
81. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. One of the common people.
2. A Russian river.
3. A sharply directional antenna.
4. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
5. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
6. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
7. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
8. A stiff chitinous seta or bristle especially of an annelid worm.
9. Ancient Hebrew unit of liquid measure = 1.5 gallons.
10. Not elegant or graceful in expression.
11. Superclass of eel-shaped chordates lacking jaws and pelvic fins.
12. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
13. Expletives used informally as intensifiers.
14. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
19. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
23. A white crystalline carbohydrate used as a sweetener and preservative.
25. The sound made by a horse.
27. Rapacious seabird that pursues weaker birds to make them drop their prey.
29. Constructed with or in the form of an arch or arches.
31. A cyst on the underside of the tongue.
37. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
38. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
40. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
41. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
42. (Welsh) A warrior god.
43. A facial expression of contempt or scorn.
45. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
47. A formal expression of praise.
50. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
55. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
57. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
58. A large and stately mansion.
59. A farewell remark.
60. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
62. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
63. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
65. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
66. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
67. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
69. Type genus of the Anatidae.
70. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
72. The products of human creativity.
73. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
77. A state in New England.