1. Something acquired without compensation.
5. Regional and archaic.
12. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
15. River in eastern Asia.
16. A bar to which heavy discs are attached at each end.
17. A city in the European part of Russia.
18. A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells).
19. True firs.
20. A republic in southeastern Europe on the southern part of the Balkan peninsula.
22. Full of flavor.
24. A small island.
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
26. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
27. Locate and correct errors in a computer program code.
29. The part of the eye that contains the iris and ciliary body and choroid.
32. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
36. A writing implement with a point from which ink flows.
39. Of or relating to the process of hearing.
41. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
43. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
46. English essayist (1775-1834).
47. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
48. God of death.
49. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
50. A small soft bag containing perfumed powder.
52. A French abbot.
54. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
55. Something considered choice to eat.
59. (in a digital numeration system) The positive integer that is equivalent to one in the next higher counting place.
60. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
61. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
64. A dense growth of bushes.
67. Characteristic of false pride.
71. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
74. Not in accordance with the fact or reality or actuality.
75. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
76. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
78. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
79. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
80. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
81. At a previous time.
1. A genus of Accipitridae.
2. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
3. Any broad thin and limber covering attached at one edge.
4. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. Genus of South and Central American heathlike evergreen shrubs.
7. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
8. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
9. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
10. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
11. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
12. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
13. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
14. Serving as or forming a base.
21. Cleanse with a cleaning agent, such as soap, and water.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
30. Included seven times in every 19 years.
31. Spin or twist together so as to form a cord.
33. Type genus of the Amiidae.
34. A medical establishment run by a group of medical specialists.
35. Causing or capable of causing death.
37. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
38. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
40. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
42. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
44. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
45. A small cake leavened with yeast.
51. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
53. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
56. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
57. Ticks having a hard shield on the back and mouth parts that project from the head.
58. Washing out a hollow organ (especially the stomach) by flushing with water.
62. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
63. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
65. A linear unit (1/6 inch) used in printing.
66. The act of scanning.
68. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
69. Goddess of fertility.
70. Clean or orderly.
72. An accountant certified by the state.
73. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
77. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.