1. (sports) The chief official (as in boxing or American football) who is expected to ensure fair play.
4. A sheath for a handgun.
11. A unit of power equal to 1 joule per second.
15. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
16. Love unquestioningly and uncritically.
17. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
18. American filmmaker and comic actor (1935- ).
20. Toxin secreted by animals (by certain snakes and poisonous insects (e.g., spiders and scorpions)).
21. A Hindu prince or king in India.
22. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
23. Reproduced by fusion of gametes of different ancestries.
25. A city of east central Mexico (west of Veracruz).
27. A shot or scene that is photographed again v 1.
28. Before noon.
31. Type genus of the Pipridae containing the typical manakins.
36. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
40. (Assyrian) Chief god of the Assyrians.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
44. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
45. A genus of Paridae.
46. A person forced to flee from home or country.
48. Spherical gram-positive parasitic bacteria that tend to form irregular colonies.
50. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
53. At any time.
54. A fencing sword similar to a foil but with a heavier blade.
58. (Sumerian and Akkadian) A demon personifying death.
60. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
62. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
63. A seat for one person, with a support for the back.
66. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
68. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
72. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
76. Type genus of the Amiidae.
77. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
79. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
80. The 9th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
81. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
82. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
1. (used of especially horses) Having a brownish coat thickly sprinkled with white or gray.
2. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
3. A genus of Falconidae.
4. Of or relating to or supporting Hinduism.
5. A doctor's degree in optometry.
6. Genus of African timber trees.
7. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
8. Infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches.
9. Type and only genus of the family Esocidae.
10. Marine fishes with a flattened elongated body and a sucking disk on the head for attaching to large fish or moving objects.
11. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
12. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
13. A landlocked mountainous republic in southeast central Asia north of Afghanistan.
14. A just detectable amount.
19. The membrane in the ear that vibrates to sound.
24. God of the earth.
26. (informal) Exceptionally good.
29. An unpredictable outcome that is unfortunate.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. Virus parasitic in bacteria.
33. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
34. The cry made by sheep.
35. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
37. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
38. A person who hopes.
39. Indian statesman and leader with Gandhi in the struggle for home rule.
43. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
47. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
49. The cardinal number that is the sum of three and one.
51. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
52. The back side of the neck.
55. A Hebrew prophet in the Old Testament who opposed the worship of idols.
56. A unit of information equal to one million (1,048,576) bytes.
57. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
59. Informal terms for a mother.
61. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
64. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
65. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
67. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
69. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
70. Type genus of the Anatidae.
71. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
73. An accountant certified by the state.
74. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
75. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
78. An associate degree in nursing.