1. A rapid bustling commotion.
4. Basal part of a plant ovule opposite the micropyle.
11. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
15. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
16. Deciduous small trees or shrubs of China and eastern North America.
17. The sixth month of the civil year.
18. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
19. Give or delegate power to.
20. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
21. Show a response or a reaction to something.
23. An unforeseen obstacle.
25. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
26. Cut the head of.
28. Enclose or enfold completely with or as if with a covering.
31. A professional cook.
32. Suitable for use as food.
36. Footwear usually with wooden soles.
41. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
42. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
43. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
46. A woman religious.
47. Type genus of the Majidae.
49. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
52. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
54. Towards the side away from the wind.
55. A resident of Utah.
57. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
60. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
62. A state in northwestern North America.
66. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
69. (Old Testament) The fourth son of Jacob who was forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
73. A branch of the Tai languages.
74. A tall Brazilian feather palm with a terminal crown of very large leathery pinnatisect leaves rising from long strong stems used for structural purposes.
77. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
79. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
80. A unit of atmospheric pressure equal to one thousandth of a bar.
83. A light touch or stroke.
84. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
85. Cut (a body) open while still alive.
86. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Sour or bitter in taste.
2. The recipient of funds or other benefits.
3. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
4. Long-legged spotted cat of Africa and southwestern Asia having nonretractile claws.
5. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
6. A large mountain system in south-central Europe.
7. The basic unit of money in Sierra Leone.
8. An ancient city on the Nile in Egypt.
9. United States theatrical producer noted for a series of extravagant revues known as the Ziegfeld Follies (1869-1932).
10. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
11. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
12. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
13. A small cake leavened with yeast.
14. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
22. Of or like a cecum.
24. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
27. The form of theological rationalism that believes in God on the basis of reason without reference to revelation.
29. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
30. Marked by features of the immediate and usually discounted past.
33. Any of several Old World tropical aromatic annual or perennial herbs of the genus Ocimum.
34. A mistake resulting from inattention.
35. Fill with high spirits.
37. Start abruptly.
38. Infections of the skin or nails caused by fungi and appearing as itching circular patches.
39. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
40. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
44. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
45. A state in the eastern United States.
48. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
50. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
51. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
53. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
56. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
58. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
59. Serving as or forming a base.
61. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
63. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. Jordan's port.
67. A genus of Mustelidae.
68. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
70. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
71. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
72. A French abbot.
75. The widely studied plant virus that causes tobacco mosaic.
76. Being one more than two.
78. A vacuum tube in which a hot cathode emits a beam of electrons that pass through a high voltage anode and are focused or deflected before hitting a phosphorescent screen.
81. Being five more than fifty.
82. A radioactive element of the actinide series.