1. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
4. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (20,960 feet high).
12. The residue that remains when something is burned.
15. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
16. A person holding a fief.
17. A unit of force equal to the force exerted by gravity.
18. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
19. An Old World plant of the genus Scilla having narrow basal leaves and pink or blue or white racemose flowers.
20. Occurring or encountered or experienced or observed frequently or in accordance with regular practice or procedure.
22. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
24. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
26. God of love and erotic desire.
27. The capital and largest city of Japan.
29. A thermosetting resin.
31. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
33. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
35. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
39. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
42. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
43. Little known Kamarupan languages.
44. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
45. A rapid bustling commotion.
47. A city and port in northern Jutland.
48. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
51. A column of light (as from a beacon).
52. Squash bugs.
56. French revolutionary who was prominent in the early days of the French Revolution (1749-1791).
59. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
61. Other than what is under consideration or implied.
62. Mild form of diabetes mellitus that develops gradually in adults.
63. The upper angle between an axis and an offshoot such as a branch or leafstalk.
65. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
67. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
68. Leave voluntarily.
72. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
74. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
77. Not easy.
78. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
79. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
83. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
84. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
85. The condition of having no arms.
86. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
1. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
2. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
3. The process of gradually becoming inferior.
4. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
5. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
6. Small South American spiny tree with dark crimson and scarlet flowers solitary or clustered.
7. Look at with amorous intentions.
8. Freshwater fish of Central America having a long swordlike tail.
9. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
10. Informal terms for a mother.
11. (Babylonian) The sky god.
12. Largest known toad species.
13. Joint consisting of a line formed by joining two pieces.
14. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
21. United States space station.
23. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
25. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
28. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
30. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
32. A family of languages of the Fula people of west Africa in the sub-Sahara regions from Senegal to Chad.
34. Relating to or containing the azo radical.
36. (anatomy) Opposite to or away from the mouth.
37. Motivation based on ideas of right and wrong.
38. A sock knitted or woven with a diamond-shaped pattern.
40. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
41. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
46. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
49. Indonesian wild pig with enormous curved canine teeth.
50. A state in northwestern North America.
53. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
54. A mountainous island in western Indonesia.
55. A reflex that expels wind noisily from the stomach through the mouth.
57. A doctor's degree in education.
58. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
60. Being eight more than sixty.
64. A state in midwestern United States.
66. A small cake leavened with yeast.
69. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
70. A device in which something (usually an animal) can be caught and penned.
71. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
73. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
75. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
76. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
80. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
81. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
82. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.