1. Measure of the US economy adopted in 1991.
4. Bubble shells.
12. Not reflecting light.
15. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
16. A river that rises in the Catskills in southeastern New York and flows southward along the border of Pennsylvania with New York and New Jersey to northern Delaware where it empties into Delaware Bay.
17. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
18. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
20. Relating to or designed for or using the singing voice.
21. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
22. City in central Iran.
24. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
26. A state of southwestern India.
28. Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk.
31. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
33. The location of something surrounded by other things.
37. Regional and archaic.
40. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
41. The 1st letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
42. A high shoe with laces over the tongue.
45. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
47. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
48. A flexible container with a single opening.
49. A slender double-reed instrument.
50. A person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud.
52. Large-holed Swiss cheese.
54. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
55. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
56. Steal goods.
57. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
59. A licensed medical practitioner.
61. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
62. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
64. An enclosed space.
66. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
70. A person who captures and holds people or animals.
74. Any organic compound formed by adding alcohol molecules to aldehyde molecules.
77. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
78. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
79. Light teasing repartee.
81. Hawaiian dish of taro root pounded to a paste and often allowed to ferment.
82. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
83. An intense and irresistible love for yourself and concern for your own needs.
84. Either extremity of something that has length.
1. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
2. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
3. The noise of a rounded object dropping into a liquid without a splash adv.
4. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
5. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
6. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
7. (usually plural) A destructive action.
8. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
9. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
10. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
11. The fatty flesh of eel.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
19. French novelist.
23. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
25. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
27. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
29. Keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement.
30. Use of a word to govern two or more words though appropriate to only one.
32. An honorary arts degree.
34. The deep vascular inner layer of the skin.
35. A particular environment or walk of life.
36. Outstanding United States athlete (1888-1953).
38. A major French river.
39. The state of owing money.
43. Someone who leads a wandering unsettled life.
44. Big-eyed scad.
46. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
51. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
53. Expel from one's property.
58. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
60. Deciduous monoecious trees of Europe and Asia and America.
63. Having been taken into the mouth for consumption.
65. Small very thin pancake.
67. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
68. Give over.
69. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
71. A beautiful and graceful girl.
72. Very dark black.
73. A sudden short attack.
75. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
76. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
80. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.